Microphone for recording

MonkeyButt

Hi,

I'm looking for a microphone that is good for recording electric guitar and also speech and is also good value for money.

And all the other recording equipment (forget the name of the box thing eheh).

Thanks.

Blue Snowball, Blue Yeti.

EDIT: Doesn't electric guitar have output?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I consider anything sub-$100 USD that sounds good a good value:

Blue Snowball, Yeti, AT 2020 (USB or XLR), AT 2500 (I have it :D ), MXL 770 (XLR mic that you can get for $69 on amazon and a decent converter can bring you up to maybe $110), Nessie.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

It does but I want the sound of the speaker aswell. Pus there is less interference.  

It does but I want the sound of the speaker aswell. Pus there is less interference.  

Budget? In theory you could get an SM57 and a half decent interface which will pretty much have you set for everything you want to do. I have an Audio Technica AT2020 and an SM57 and I would be happy to send you sound samples of both guitar and vocals 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Samson Meteor has worked well for me.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

It does, but you play guitar with an amp. He'll have to spend money on a DAW/amp modelling software with this route. Better to just mic up the amp

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!