Ftp security cameras

I'm looking for a security camera that uses wifi and has a ftp connection so I can record to my server and not have to deal with a cloud.

A vary important thing is that it's cord for power be no bigger then a coaxial TV cable, I rent and Can't drill big holes everywhere.

21 minutes ago, Ambrose_A said:

I'm looking for a security camera that uses wifi and has a ftp connection so I can record to my server and not have to deal with a cloud.

A vary important thing is that it's cord for power be no bigger then a coaxial TV cable, I rent and Can't drill big holes everywhere.

Why specifically FTP? Can your server run camera's own software (which OS are you running there)?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

FTP? I'm not aware of any camera using that as a transfer protocol.

Maybe you meant UTP (as in with an Ethernet connection)?

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

A lot of camera's support ftp to store image data remote. It's fairly simple to setup. I already build a setup with a raspberry with linux and a little ftp server to store video's on the remote. I tried running the camera's software on the raspberry first but the cpu was too weak to decode 1080p and it ran hot pretty quick, so the ftp server was a good plan b. 

So i would search for a ip camera, which matches your expectations and then verify in the datasheet if the camera supports ftp. 

I have a windows server 2016 and it already has SFTP going on it for files. The camera's own software might work but I just want to keep the number of programs down as much as I can.

There always seems to be a catch when using a company's program, compatiblity and asking for a subscription for features.