Help decide which GPU to keep

Hi guys,

I find myself in a privileged position of having two GPUs EVGA 1080Ti SC2 and a Sapphire 5700XT Nitro+ 

At the moment I can use only one of those, but I am planning, in the future, to build an unraid system with pass-through etc.

For the time being I can't decide which GPU to keep as primary cause from what I can see both have pros and cons.

I am playing at 1440p 144hz free-synch (g-sync compatible) display but above 60fps is ok. As cpu an old i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz

5700XT:

• newest, drivers focussing it (hopefully some gain over time?)
  • I like new drivers feature like image sharpening 

1080Ti:

• slightly more powerful in certain games
  • more mature drivers (but no focus or improvements on it)

I've read reviews about the two and it looks like AMD is a bit more silent, but more power hungry and hotter than nVidia

Until now the games on which I've tested them are limited to titles from few years ago like Forza Horizon 4, The witcher, etc.

Anyone with more experience on the above to help me formulating a more data driver choice.

Thank you very much for your help

Personally, I would keep the 5700 XT. The 5000 series cards are AMD's newest lineup and meant to complete against the RTX series cards. They perform good at the moment, but I believe with more time and optimizations they will perform much better in the near future.

I'm currently using a Vega 56. When it first released, a 1070 performed much better in just about everything. By the end of 2019, the drivers have increased performance so much it compete's with the 1080.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz