PC freezing

jamesfindlay3

Hello, I posted a while back about my PC freezing but the audio kept on playing and the cursor or keyboard wouldn't work just a general freeze I guess. I had an older PC lying around so I used the gpu from that and still the same problem, I then changed the ram and psu and I've still got the same problem. It's just a random occurrence and the PC isn't even working hard when it happens. It's possible the other parts are bad but unlikely. The only part atm that remains the same is the Samsung ssd but id be surprised if it was that. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem? Thanks for the help.

22 minutes ago, jamesfindlay3 said:

Hello, I posted a while back about my PC freezing but the audio kept on playing and the cursor or keyboard wouldn't work just a general freeze I guess. I had an older PC lying around so I used the gpu from that and still the same problem, I then changed the ram and psu and I've still got the same problem. It's just a random occurrence and the PC isn't even working hard when it happens. It's possible the other parts are bad but unlikely. The only part atm that remains the same is the Samsung ssd but id be surprised if it was that. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this problem? Thanks for the help.

it might not be the SSD itself but the OS on there could have a bug, or something dodgy downloaded, i cannot pinpoint exactly, but maybe try a fresh windows install with a cheap hard drive

3 minutes ago, idwt said:

it might not be the SSD itself but the OS on there could have a bug, or something dodgy downloaded, i cannot pinpoint exactly, but maybe try a fresh windows install with a cheap hard drive

Ok, I thought I might try a reset and see if that works if not I'll try a fresh OS (i've still got the old hard drive from my other pc) so ill try that. Thanks.

Just now, jamesfindlay3 said:

Ok, I thought I might try a reset and see if that works if not I'll try a fresh OS (i've still got the old hard drive from my other pc) so ill try that. Thanks.

if you have a USB stick im pretty sure you can just download the ISO from the windows website onto the USB stick, throw the old hard drive into the machine, and download the ISO from the USB stick to the PC, then use a generic windows code (ive put one at the bottom for you) then once booted to windows you can try and play about for abit and see if it crashes :)

44RPN-FTY23-9VTTB-MP9BX-T84FV

5 minutes ago, idwt said:

if you have a USB stick im pretty sure you can just download the ISO from the windows website onto the USB stick, throw the old hard drive into the machine, and download the ISO from the USB stick to the PC, then use a generic windows code (ive put one at the bottom for you) then once booted to windows you can try and play about for abit and see if it crashes :)

44RPN-FTY23-9VTTB-MP9BX-T84FV

Ok, thanks alot I'll give it go.

Just now, jamesfindlay3 said:

Ok, thanks alot I'll give it go.

good luck :) 

3 hours ago, idwt said:

good luck :) 

Hiya, I gave it ago and unfortunately it didn't work so I put another ssd in with a different OS and I still had the same problem. Both these pc's went on a long journey and before it they were both working but now they're not. I am thinking about getting a new motherboard and a chip with integrated graphics (its a work pc) and doing that. I was Just wondering if you had any other suggestions before i do that? Thanks a lot for your help and if you don't know, your not the only one! Thanks.

6 minutes ago, jamesfindlay3 said:

Hiya, I gave it ago and unfortunately it didn't work so I put another ssd in with a different OS and I still had the same problem. Both these pc's went on a long journey and before it they were both working but now they're not. I am thinking about getting a new motherboard and a chip with integrated graphics (its a work pc) and doing that. I was Just wondering if you had any other suggestions before i do that? Thanks a lot for your help and if you don't know, your not the only one! Thanks.

it must be time for a fresh rig, sorry i couldnt help

3 hours ago, idwt said:

it must be time for a fresh rig, sorry i couldnt help

Yeah, I think you might be right. I think I'll wait until the 3000 series cards arrive and go for that. But thanks for all you help so far and the time you spent helping me.