Video editing and gaming laptop

Go to solution Solved by 16bit,

I'm sticking with my desktop system. Will use the money for upgrades. Thanks!

I've got myself into video editing and, even though my undervoltaged r5 1600 system holds up pretty well with the not-so-demanding workloads (graphic design and motion graphics 8hs per-day and metroidvania titles or competitive gaming), I find the need of being able to work in different places and to also bring my own system to my friend's lan parties. That's basically why I'm looking for a decent laptop.

I'm used to work with Adobe suite software and more specifically with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere and After Effects. I mostly render 1080p24 videos with no more than 5 minutes of lenght, but I'd like to improve the quality of my videos and go up to 60fps. My budget is ~$650 (it's actually a bit more, but I'm taking a part of the max bugdet as taxes/duty because of my country's importation policies) 

When searching for laptops I found the Dell Inspiron 15 5000 (5575) to be kind of what I was looking for, but I'm open to listen any other suggestions or even tips I might find useful when looking for a laptop like this

Yeah you aren't finding a laptop that'll outperform a Ryzen 1600 system for under $700. Maybe sell the desktop?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

On 1/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, kelvinhall05 said:

Yeah you aren't finding a laptop that'll outperform a Ryzen 1600 system for under $700. Maybe sell the desktop?

Agreed... I will say if you have a bit more... I know you said you have to pay a bit more for the import but, look up the MSI GL63 on Tiger Direct. Right now they are $749. Nvidia GeForce 1660ti video card. (8GB So don’t expect to RAM preview more than 30 sec.) but at least your Renders will be solid, and you can always upgrade the RAM.

I'm sticking with my desktop system. Will use the money for upgrades. Thanks!