Weird

FirestarThunder

So let me start off with the pc build I have first before I start because this is weird, even for me.

MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming (Overclocked to 

Asrock Z97 Anniversary edition motherboard

intel i5 4690K 3.5 (Overclocked to 4.6GHz)

16gb 2400MHz Gskill ram

650W power supply

and 2 monitors

Now what I want to know, is why when I run my amd graphics card with one monitor, it glitches out and wont work at all, but if I run it with 2 monitors, it works just fine......... Why? One runs off the dvi and the other runs off the hdmi, but that shouldnt matter, right? I just want to know why it is that way, and what the requirements for the graphics card are. I realize its overclocked but it runs stable for multiple days in haven benchmark on ultra, so just whats happening?

image.png.7e810dcda1d4e2edc21af38d83882392.png

image.thumb.png.bf803e8a049196f85b06f2621c0bcef2.png

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Have you tried both monitors separately? Have you tried different cables? Have you tried different inputs?

Lets rule out hardware before we figure out what's wrong with your software setup.

I have tried both separately, and the same thing happens every time, from a cold start, I will have anywhere from as short as 15 minutes to as long as 13 hours for the pc to just freeze and stop working, the only solution is to either unplug it, or turn off the power supply. 

4 minutes ago, FirestarThunder said:

I have tried both separately, and the same thing happens every time, from a cold start, I will have anywhere from as short as 15 minutes to as long as 13 hours for the pc to just freeze and stop working, the only solution is to either unplug it, or turn off the power supply. 

Did you try the other things like swapping cables or using another monitor's input if it has one?

Have you tried it without your overclock?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

2 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Did you try the other things like swapping cables or using another monitor's input if it has one?

I ended up going through a couple of cords because I thought the same, but that didnt change anything, plus my LG monitor only really has an hdmi, so it makes it hard to try something else

1 minute ago, Statik said:

Have you tried it without your overclock?

yes, I have. I have also underclocked to see if it would happen, the only thing that does is prolong the freeze, but when I run 2 monitors, it never happens