popping from on board audio

BennisTheMennis

I am doing to get a DAC soon because i noticed some popping from my motherboard. I made sure there were no eq settings but it seems like the popping is getting worse, do i need to wory about hurting anything on the motherboard?

I am doing to get a DAC soon because i noticed some popping from my motherboard. I made sure there were no eq settings but it seems like the popping is getting worse, do i need to wory about hurting anything on the motherboard?

Are you sure its the motherboard? Have you tried using other endpoints? I.e. a spare pair of headphones/speakers? 

i tried another pair of headphones and still the same, i dont know if it makes a difference but both were highish quality headphones so i doubt that was it (sennheiser hd595 and shure srh750dj)

i tried another pair of headphones and still the same, i dont know if it makes a difference but both were highish quality headphones so i doubt that was it (sennheiser hd595 and shure srh750dj)

Doesn't technically make a difference, but it would appear that something may or may not be wrong with your onboard solution. If there is, don't worry about it hurting other components. 

okay thanks im getting an odac +o2 soon so i can deal with it for now

Solid, if you were inclined to save cash the FiiO E10 would pair well. 

I've been told about the fiio options but their website says their amps in that range only drive up to 150 ohms and im probably gonna get some headphones in the 300 ohm range soon

I've been told about the fiio options but their website says their amps in that range only drive up to 150 ohms and im probably gonna get some headphones in the 300 ohm range soon

Is known typo buddy. Not trying to sway you from good hardware like the Objective options, but the E10 will drive high-ohm'd headphones.

Would be just fine, could easily run 600ohm headphones off that amp. Not sure, ShearMe could confirm I think, but its a typo on their site. 

Is known typo buddy. Not trying to sway you from good hardware like the Objective options, but the E10 will drive high-ohm'd headphones.

Hey look. 

could easily run 600ohm headphones off that amp. Not sure, ShearMe could confirm I think, 

I don't have 600 ohm headphones.

250 ohm Beyers work just fine, and the 300 ohm HD 650 is easier to drive than those. It's important for OP to know that impedance rating doesn't really mean much.

I don't have 600 ohm headphones.

250 ohm Beyers work just fine, and the 300 ohm HD 650 is easier to drive than those. It's important for OP to know that impedance rating doesn't really mean much.

I saw this German brother run HDShitHundreds off an E10, so thats where I get the 600ohm from. 

I saw this German brother run HDShitHundreds off an E10, so thats where I get the 600ohm from. 

Ah, well those are just so sensitive, which is more reason why impedance means nothing.

I would have to buy the e17 over the e10 because i need a dac as well, do you guys not think the odac and o2 is the way to go id rather support the company that is actually in the forum personally

Ah, well those are just so sensitive, which is more reason why impedance means nothing.

I do suppose.

zUR58xu.png

I would have to buy the e17 over the e10 because i need a dac as well, do you guys not think the odac and o2 is the way to go id rather support the company that is actually in the forum personally

E10 has a dac too, its a whole unit. 

Its not that we don't want you to have an O2, they are great products, I have one, ShearMe has one, both from Mayflower. But if you want to save cash, you have options. 

just have to ask... you are using the back audio port and not the front panel connector right? i would do that before buying any dedicated hardware.