Help needed for installing macos

Ok so i have decided to install macos(mojave or Catalina) on my Dell Latitude 3490 laptop. So i have a few questions in mind

1) Will it even boot i have heard many times that booting in to macos with an intel 7th/8th gen 'U' series processor is quite easy and many people have done it but i am not sure about the integrated graphics.

2) Can i just dual boot with windows just like we do with ubuntu(re-partition and install , linux will handle grub) or is mac os needed to be the sole os. I have seen many people on YouTube that have dual booted but after they have installed mac os and re partitioned their drives but i do not want to remove my existing windows installation . Also bcoz macos uses APFS and windows uses NTFS can this be a problem(windows will break the new partition as NTFS) .

3) Should i use the classic clover method or the opencore vanilla method.

4) I know this one is a stupid one but because the wifi card inside my laptop does not work with macos will it also start not working with windows?

head over to the Tonymac86x forum they will be much more help.

I can only answer 3/4 questions...

2) Yes you can dual boot, but normally you need to do a new windows install after installing Mac OS or you will have issues. I know its a laptop, but I always recomend two drives when dual booting on a hackintosh.

3) I always used clover, but I cant speak to the opencore method (never tried it).

4) It will still work just fine in windows.

Integrated graphics should work fine if you set up your installer correctly

Regarding the method you use- I've had a much easier time using clover than any vanilla method.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P