Cougar Turbine Fans - Worth it?

I was looking on NCIX, and noticed that Cougar Turbines are on sale and come in a box of 4 for 19.99$ Are they worth installing in a build that needs to be kept cool and silent?

I have not seen a review that has any statistics that are in english on youtube. If there are any other fans that anyone could recommend that would be great (Under 15$ per fan).

What kind of dollars are you using? 

What's the build?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 for $20?! That's a really good price. Yes from me. They're good all-rounder fans. Good for both heatsink/rad or case fan use.

"Rawr XD"

What kind of dollars are you using? 

What's the build?

I'm using Canadian dollar, and my build is a I7-4770k on a H100I loop, with 16gb Corsair Vengeance ram, a 7870 ( as I'am waiting for 780 Ti prices to drop a little or go on sale), MSI G45-Z87 ATX Mobo, 1TB HDD, 256GB intel ssd, all in an NZXT Phantom 410 (Black with custom green Led's).

I'm using Canadian dollar, and my build is a I7-4770k on a H100I loop, with 16gb Corsair Vengeance ram, a 7870 ( as I'am waiting for 780 Ti prices to drop a little or go on sale), MSI G45-Z87 ATX Mobo, 1TB HDD, 256GB intel ssd, all in an NZXT Phantom 410 (Black with custom green Led's).

Why get new fans? Are the stock h100i fans too loud?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have been using these fans for case fans and my radiator and they are great. They push alot of air and are quiet imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Stock Corsair CLC fans are loud

"Rawr XD"

Stock Corsair CLC fans are loud

Yes but they may be not the only loud components.

It's but they may be not the only loud components.

True, but noise is greatly reduced by putting different fans. I had one before, under load fans were crazy loud. Swapped them out for Spectre Pro PWM's, which aren't the quietest fans on the market, but still cut the noise down a lot. Then one of the hoses started getting loose so exchanged it with Water 2.0 Extreme instead. Should have got the TT in the first place.

"Rawr XD"

I have them and they are actually very quiet. The only noise they make is from vibration. I plan on fixing this with some rubber gaskets although they are taking some time to arrive.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

My mate has some of them as case fans, they're no Noctuas but they are quite quiet and move a decent ammount of air. If you can get 4 for $20 then go for it, thats a really good deal.

4 for $20 seems like an amazing deal. Depending on the exact model of Cougar, that brand is generally $10+ per fan. I view Cougar as a good mid range fan, not as expensive and quiet as Noctua but definitely a step up from anything stock.

http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/3828305?tab=7&SRCCODE=WEBLET03SHIP&cm_mmc=Email-_-WebletMain-_-WEBLET03SHIP-_-03ship&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEBLET03SHIP&cm_lm=alexasha2002%40yahoo.com

I just purchased these at $10 each. After sale and rebate, they are very quiet and have a much stronger air current than the stock fans I was using. The 4 for 20 is a remarkable bargain, but if you want to buy them individually, I highly recommend the fans I linked.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I was just looking to fill my cases fan slots, and I went ahead and bought the cougars this weekend so this has been resolved. They are pretty effective and not too terribly loud :)