Solved

daddrian

Did some google-ing found out 45C is more like the idle temp for this card and for a card this only what can you expect?

Maybe you can manually set a temp limit for this card to start throttling or get a custom cooling solution, or maybe for wherever you got this card, they may have set the volatges too high, see if you can find a bios for this card or just manually go in and try undervolting

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

13 minutes ago, Srijan Verma said:

Did some google-ing found out 45C is more like the idle temp for this card and for a card this only what can you expect?

Maybe you can manually set a temp limit for this card to start throttling or get a custom cooling solution, or maybe for wherever you got this card, they may have set the volatges too high, see if you can find a bios for this card or just manually go in and try undervolting

I get you, but I'm curious about what could have happened to it to get those symptoms :D  The cooler is cooling it but the core just gets so hot it doesn't seem to keep up for some reason

No idea..

I suppose it is possible that software doesn't play nice with the sensors and give inaccurate reading. I have seen this on some AMD products.

Edit: just realized that the overheating caused it to crash so its definitely running super hot... Weird. 

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

4 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

No idea..

I suppose it is possible that software doesn't play nice with the sensors and give inaccurate reading. I have seen this on some AMD products.

It's not inaccurate reading ? The GPU is so hot it might catch fire.  The air blown from the cooler is also hot