Graphics card issue

WhiteAirLock
Go to solution Solved by WhiteAirLock,
17 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

Sorry, I've never actually done it before.  I was just tossing it out as a possible solution.  A youtube search might have a good tutorial.

Alright, that's not a problem but thank you anyway for the helpful hint.

If someone of you guy's, has similar problem like I do, then here is possible repair solution...

Some guy from this forum send me a URL via Twitter https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

It helped me to flash the latest vBIOS and now the GPU works on my PC and the eGPU docking station on my ThinkPad.

You can read the current bios via GPU-Z tool and flash it via ATIFlash (AMD GPU's) or NVFlash (Nvidia GPU's)

These tools are FREE!

If you see a site, which are selling those, then it's a scam

Hi, I have a problem with my MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G GPU after the latest Windows 10 update.

Till yesterday it was working fine and I was ripping a VHS movie from my usb VHS dock and now after waking up, I saw that Windows rebooted itself and the GPU was using Window Basics drivers.

After trying to reinstall the drivers, I just always got a black screen, even if I used the drivers from the driver&utility CD :/

I'm experiencing the same issue, if I connect the gpu to my ThinkPad X230

Is there any solution to this problem or is the GPU dead/bricked?

Try running DDU and install the drivers from Nvidias website again. 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 hours ago, NoGanksEric said:

u can try uninstalling the windows update or booting to a backup before the update 

Doesn't help. Still having the same issue

9 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Try running DDU and install the drivers from Nvidias website again. 

Already tried it in the first place since MSI drivers page redirect me there anyway

You could try reflashing the VBIOS on the GPU.  If the card already seems to be bricked it certainly couldn't hurt.

7 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

You could try reflashing the VBIOS on the GPU.  If the card already seems to be bricked it certainly couldn't hurt.

I downloaded a tools which could allow me to do this but I can't find any legit looking site, which would provide me the right vbios without forcing me to use an sketchy download manager. I mean, I'm using Kaspersky and always doing weekly backups but still it woud suck to also restore everything via my slow 10/100 Ethernet NAS Box :P

could you provide some site for MSI vbios ?

1 hour ago, WhiteAirLock said:

I downloaded a tools which could allow me to do this but I can't find any legit looking site, which would provide me the right vbios without forcing me to use an sketchy download manager. I mean, I'm using Kaspersky and always doing weekly backups but still it woud suck to also restore everything via my slow 10/100 Ethernet NAS Box :P

could you provide some site for MSI vbios ?

Sorry, I've never actually done it before.  I was just tossing it out as a possible solution.  A youtube search might have a good tutorial.

17 hours ago, Worstcaster said:

Alright, that's not a problem but thank you anyway for the helpful hint.

If someone of you guy's, has similar problem like I do, then here is possible repair solution...

Some guy from this forum send me a URL via Twitter https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

It helped me to flash the latest vBIOS and now the GPU works on my PC and the eGPU docking station on my ThinkPad.

You can read the current bios via GPU-Z tool and flash it via ATIFlash (AMD GPU's) or NVFlash (Nvidia GPU's)

These tools are FREE!

If you see a site, which are selling those, then it's a scam