NZXT Kraken G12 on a 5700XT?

Anyone know if the Kraken G12 will work with the 5700xt? Pretty sure it's a reference PCB model, it's the XFX RAW II RX 5700 XT. I've seen posts saying it will or people "think" it will but I would like to know if anyone has tried it. I don't have the card yet and am just looking at options for a build I'm planning on reselling and want to get a decent GPU in the system, I have heard the 5700XT runs hot so if I can might as well liquid cool it if I go that route.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

32 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Anyone know if the Kraken G12 will work with the 5700xt? Pretty sure it's a reference PCB model, it's the XFX RAW II RX 5700 XT. I've seen posts saying it will or people "think" it will but I would like to know if anyone has tried it. I don't have the card yet and am just looking at options for a build I'm planning on reselling and want to get a decent GPU in the system, I have heard the 5700XT runs hot so if I can might as well liquid cool it if I go that route.

It runs meh hot.  It’s an AMD card but it’s not a Vega vii or anything.  My experience is the vast majority of more or less all GPUs regardless of their maker or even era of manufacture after a certain point run from 180-225w.  Some are a bit louder because of the design of their air coolers.  If you’re reselling the thing unless you have a kraken sitting around you just want to find a way to get rid of it seems like you very possibly won’t get the money from the cooler out of it.  Krakens are not cheap.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It runs meh hot.  It’s an AMD card but it’s not a Vega vii or anything.  My experience is the vast majority of more or less all GPUs regardless of their maker or even era of manufacture after a certain point run from 180-225w.  Some are a bit louder because of the design of their air coolers.  If you’re reselling the thing unless you have a kraken sitting around you just want to find a way to get rid of it seems like you very possibly won’t get the money from the cooler out of it.  Krakens are not cheap.

I agree with this. Once you start adding price of kraken and aio it may end up you can afford higher tier card.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

14 hours ago, Whiro said:

I agree with this. Once you start adding price of kraken and aio it may end up you can afford higher tier card.

I have all the parts necessary besides the $20 G12 mount and the GPU itself, I have a few Kraken coolers in my invent. that I use for builds when they will be beneficial. I'm not reselling the GPU I'm using the parts I already have while buying the couple I need to build an i7-8700k gaming rig to resell, so I'm selling the whole rig. The only reason I'm thinking of going 5700XT is that from what I've heard it has 2070 level performance and is very reasonably priced, but gets fairly hot, I've found a few for under $380 and if the performance level is that good I thought might as well. If they really don't get that hot then I won't be using the cooler that's the whole reason for me asking if it will work and if it's necessary, as I have never tested or used the 5700XT.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

• 3 months later...

I just installed my NZXT Kraken G12 on my XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation card. Had some issues at first. The bracket screw holes did not line up perfectly with the PCB holes for the the AMD bracket. I have seen where others cut their bracket and screwed new holes in the mounting plate. That is NOT what I did. I found a metal drill bill and drilled out the PCB holes to make them 1 cm bigger if that. There is a what looks like plastic filler in the holes that were making the screws not line up so I just screwed those out then the screws screwed into the mounting plate straight and perfect. This most certainly will void any warranty. Also mounted copper ram heat sinks with thermal glue to the ram modules and vrm. Same places the stock heat sink had pads at.
I attached a link to my assembly hope it helps.

Stock temps were 75-85c on GPU under load,
Junction temps were 100-110c under load

NZXT G12 Temps - 54c on GPU under load
NZXT G12 Junction temps 60c under load.
Hovers around 2064 MHz

MAX OC 2163 MHz

Using AMD performance tuning only setting Power Limit to 50%. No other changes.

All games and 3DMark Tests pass.

NZXT Kraken G12 and XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation MOD

PC Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2 GHz - LEPA Xtreme 240 AIO
Corsair DDR4 3000 @ 15-17-17-35
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC Mobo
PC Power & Cooling 700W Power Master Semi-Moduler
Samsung EVO Plus M.2, 512GB, 3500MB/s read, 2500MB/s write
XFX RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation 8GB GDDR6 3xDP HDMI Graphics Card RX-57XT83LD8 NZXT Kraken G12 with Corsair H55i AIO

Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.2 GHz 1.35v w/ LEPA EXllusion 240

XFX RX 5700XT w/ NZXT Kraken G12 and Corsair H55 AIO

Corsair LPX DDR4 3000 @ 15-17-17-35

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

PC Power & Cooling 700w semi-modular

Samsung EVO 970 500GB M.2 @ 3500 read/ 2500 write

Corsair 760T Case