How well do opteron 6380 and 6272 processors overclock

I’m planing on making a opteron build for a YouTube series and I was wondering how well opteron 6380 processors overclock and what the temps are like because if it does not overclock well I’m just going to stick with xeons and low temps would be nice but not a big deal 

They overclock alrighty, but the Xeons will have superior IPC of the same generation.

Max temp on most of those Opty's are 70c, would want them 60c ideally or less. 

41 minutes ago, JimTheKid said:

I’m planing on making a opteron build for a YouTube series and I was wondering how well opteron 6380 processors overclock and what the temps are like because if it does not overclock well I’m just going to stick with xeons and low temps would be nice but not a big deal 

What are you planning to use this for? Same gen xeons will perform better than the opterons even if oc'd.

19 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

They overclock alrighty, but the Xeons will have superior IPC of the same generation.

Max temp on most of those Opty's are 70c, would want them 60c ideally or less. 

Thanks just what I needed to know do you know how high I could get them to go safely 

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What are you planning to use this for? Same gen xeons will perform better than the opterons even if oc'd.

I’m just starting a YouTube series with them because I have not seen many videos about opterons 

2 minutes ago, JimTheKid said:

Thanks just what I needed to know do you know how high I could get them to go safely 

What ever they will do on stock voltage I would consider "safe" on air cooling. 

Increase frequency, increases heat. Adding voltage multiplies it.