What to choose (Sound Card)

Transon
Go to solution Solved by ToxicFire,

unless there is something audibly wrong with your onboard when using headphones, don't get a soundcard. the soundcard will also probably have NO effect on the speakers.

... That's not how this works.

I'll be honest with you, you probably don't need a sound card. You need an Amp. A sound card has a built-in amp, but they aren't great. 

What motherboard do you have? Maybe the onboard sound is just really weak. 

You don't need a $100-$200 sound card. At that price range, get a DAC/Amp. Others can help you with that.

If you still want a sound card, shameless plug.

Theres a good video that talks about this from tek syndicate

So, I'm looking for a Sound Card for my computer, I don't know which is good nor which is the most sound for the money.
That's why I joined the forum to get some advice, I'm running with a Logitech Z906 5.1 audio system, and when I play music, especially in larger rooms,

It does feel like the audio quality drops drastically. That's why I've decided to look for this. Any advice is appreciated!

In the price between 100-200 dullars. ^^

nor which is the most sound for the money.

I'll be honest with you, you probably don't need a sound card. You need an Amp. A sound card has a built-in amp, but they aren't great. 

You don't need a $100-$200 sound card. At that price range, get a DAC/Amp. Others can help you with that.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

So, I'm looking for a Sound Card for my computer, I don't know which is good nor which is the most sound for the money.

That's why I joined the forum to get some advice, I'm running with a Logitech Z906 5.1 audio system, and when I play music, especially in larger rooms,

It does feel like the audio quality drops drastically. That's why I've decided to look for this. Any advice is appreciated!

In the price between 100-200 dullars. ^^

unless there is something audibly wrong with your onboard when using headphones, don't get a soundcard. the soundcard will also probably have NO effect on the speakers.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

The video is a moot point. 

There's not much to do in this case except change the speaker system. 

I like what they said, but spamming it in place of discussion is a bit annoying. 

Error: 410

Well, I have ASUS VI HERO, and I looked around, I thought 100 bucks were a decent price. 

The video is a moot point. 

There's not much to do in this case except change the speaker system. 

I like what they said, but spamming it in place of discussion is a bit annoying. 

Even though the video is focused on headphones, theres still relevant information to a speaker setup also help find more relevant info.