mouse question

tismanasou
Go to solution Solved by inflex2,

You can still give it back and get something with a light scroll press. I'm personally using logitech g pro wireless and it's scroll is tough and stiff however buttons are very light, thus thats why I got it (playing league of legends so right click is very important) however i dont play dota so not sure about the scroll problem. You can swap the switch in the scroll for something easy to press ; you can check different mice for example at ninjas rocket jump top mice list if you decide to give it back. You can also message a popular modder on twitter/yt/reddit @Beardedb0b and ask him, he'll most likely know the answer. 

I bought g703 wireless mouse recently and im so sads that the mouse wheel is so hard to press. I used to have g400s and while playing dota 2 i am using middle click A LOT and its impossible to play the game for me with the new mouse just because of the mouse wheel.

So the question is, can i dissasemble g703 and mod the mouse wheel so it will be easier to press?

Since i've bought it i feel bad for not using it cause it feels good in hand but the mouse wheel makes it literally unplayable for me.

Normally a Mouse wheel button is an actual little button next to the wheel, which has a rod and bla bla it gets pressed. Looking at the internals of the g703, its the same standard build like other mice, so there isnt really a way to make this button harder or easier to press, unless you soldered on a new button that happened to be the perfect exact size, and happened to work exactly as the one already on there did.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

go to the store and replace it

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

You can still give it back and get something with a light scroll press. I'm personally using logitech g pro wireless and it's scroll is tough and stiff however buttons are very light, thus thats why I got it (playing league of legends so right click is very important) however i dont play dota so not sure about the scroll problem. You can swap the switch in the scroll for something easy to press ; you can check different mice for example at ninjas rocket jump top mice list if you decide to give it back. You can also message a popular modder on twitter/yt/reddit @Beardedb0b and ask him, he'll most likely know the answer. 

5 hours ago, inflex2 said:

While yes, swapping the switches out could potentially work, a simpler solution would be to place a few layers of electrical tape over the switch, shortening the travel distance and adding pressure onto the switch, which would result in a lighter button.