Pink/Purple Screen After Driver Update.. help

LunaticGTX460

ok.. so yesterday I watched a few south park episodes.. and went to sleep.. woke up to find that windows decided to install new drivers for my GTX670 without even asking me.
half the screen was purple/pink.. I then immediately went and downloaded DDU. went into safe-mode (which was also pink/purple) and uninstalled all nvidia crap and restarted PC.
I went into chrome to download my old drivers that worked like a charm for years~ (btw. even the non-safemode was purple/pink before installing drivers)
so after I installed 399.24 drivers. windows went back to normal. no more pink/purple. everything looked fine. until I restarted.
when I restarted. boot screen was still pink/purple. but when I reach the normal-desktop it wasn't pink/purple.
I restarted into safe-mode and safe-mode was pink/purple too.
but the normal mode is fine. wtf???

so i was like "lets try a different driver" so I went and DDU'd everything again.
and installed the latest nvidia drivers 441.87.
again. normal OS wasn't pink/purple. but safemode/boot-screen is still purple/pink even on 441.87.

is there a way I can fix this?
something tells me its an issue with the generic drivers that safe-mode uses. cause normal OS works perfectly fine.
somehow windows update fucked my "safe mode/boot" display drivers up.

|| CPU Intel i7 3770K || MOBO ASRock H77M || RAM 8GB 1600mhz || HDD 1TB 7200 Sata II || SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB || GPU EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW (boost core 1240mhz) || CPUCooler CM 212 EVO || PSU Seasonic M12II EVO 750W || CASE NZXT Phantom V2 (Pink-lol) || H-Phones Sennheiser HD600 || Gamepad XBox 360 Wireless Controller || Mouse Logitech G102 || K-Board CM Storm Trigger (MX Black) || Monitor Dell P2414H || AV Common Sense ||

For me looks like your GPU starts to have some problems. It cannot be driver issue, even if some driver can hide the problem.

Is it on the system that's in your footnote? If yes, how is your monitor connected to the PC? With VGA/DVI color issues like that were often a failing cable or a loose plug, if you're connected with DVI try a different cable or try re-plugging the ends and make sure the retaining screws are not loose.

It's also possible there's something wrong with the GPU, but I'd try the cable first.

2 minutes ago, Arttu89 said:

Is it on the system that's in your footnote? If yes, how is your monitor connected to the PC? With VGA/DVI color issues like that were often a failing cable or a loose plug, if you're connected with DVI try a different cable or try re-plugging the ends and make sure the retaining screws are not loose.

It's also possible there's something wrong with the GPU, but I'd try the cable first.

yes. and i have 'windows 10 1903' installed on it.
am using Display Port. cable is new.

I tested some games too. did not notice any difference performance wise.
the pixelated coloring issues are only at boot and safe mode.

|| CPU Intel i7 3770K || MOBO ASRock H77M || RAM 8GB 1600mhz || HDD 1TB 7200 Sata II || SSD OCZ Agility 3 120GB || GPU EVGA GTX 670 2GB FTW (boost core 1240mhz) || CPUCooler CM 212 EVO || PSU Seasonic M12II EVO 750W || CASE NZXT Phantom V2 (Pink-lol) || H-Phones Sennheiser HD600 || Gamepad XBox 360 Wireless Controller || Mouse Logitech G102 || K-Board CM Storm Trigger (MX Black) || Monitor Dell P2414H || AV Common Sense ||

3 minutes ago, LunaticGTX460 said:

yes. and i have 'windows 10 1903' installed on it.
am using Display Port. cable is new.

I tested some games too. did not notice any difference performance wise.
the pixelated coloring issues are only at boot and safe mode.

That's quite odd. If it's just at boot and safe mode now, then you might be right that something's wrong with how the generic driver works, but aside of running a system repair or reinstalling Win 10 I don't see how to fix that.

1 hour ago, Arttu89 said:

That's quite odd. If it's just at boot and safe mode now, then you might be right that something's wrong with how the generic driver works, but aside of running a system repair or reinstalling Win 10 I don't see how to fix that.

i think i will have to reinstall windows then.. imma see if restoring bios to default settings does anything before that. but most likely i will have to reformat. thanks