Is this a degrading CPU?

This month, I've been experiencing issues with my system. Here's the spec of my system (copied-pasted from previous post):

1. Intel Core i7-6700K (never OC before)
  2. MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon (Stuck at Skylake) / BIOStar Z270 GT6 (came with updated BIOS from May 2018, already checked, it's the latest from web)
  3. Corsair LPX DDR4 2400MHz, 4x8GB (only 3 sticks were used)
  4. 1 TB SSD M.2 SATA
  5. Toshiba 2x3TB HDD
  6. Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founder's Edition (dGPU), Intel iGPU is enabled via BIOS, in order to use QS, but all monitors are plugged to GTX 1070. No BIOS flashed on GPU.
  7. CM GX II 650W
  8. ASUS VK228H and Acer H226HQL (LED Power : Orange - Not detected, Blue - Detected)

The first issue, is DIMM3 if populated, it will refuse to boot, since I have the PC case speaker, it will wailed three times. Even after swapping the MSI board for a BIOStar, it will give the debug of [2F].

DIMMs.png.b180dc8c203e1561bda5aed84d29e49a.png

Technically, I have 2 different sets Corsair LPX sticks (since the other 16 GB bought used), however, both sets are 2400 MHz, CL14, their capacity per stick is 8 GB. I've removed the possibility of faulty sticks as:

1. Using the original sticks, on DIMM1 and DIMM3, it refused to boot.
2. Using the used sticks, on DIMM1 and DIMM3, it refused to boot.

3. Using the original sticks, on DIMM2 and DIMM4, it boot.
4. Using the used sticks, on DIMM2 and DIMM4, it boot.

5. Used one of the original sticks on DIMM1, it boot.

6. Used one of the original sticks on DIMM2, it boot.

7. Used one of the original sticks on DIMM3, it refused to boot.

8. Used one of the original sticks on DIMM4, it boot.

According to CPU-Z, this is still running dual channel (also remember checking the Channel # on my MSI board before it went kaput):

channels.JPG.9d19ab99a52291181802ba71e909fd7d.JPG

The second issue, not sure if this a motherboard problem, or the CPU. On January 2, 2020, my MSI motherboard decided to ghost on me. It will refused to recognised the dGPU, no matter what generation it is. I swapped the 1070 for:

1. 8400GS

2. GT 520
3. GTX 1050 Ti (LP, no external power)

4. Cousin's GTX 1070

I swapped out the MSI for a BIOStar, and it recognises only my GTX 1070 Founder's Edition, however, none, I repeat, NONE of the other graphics card will be detected, it will gives the [d6] debug. I ran the same GPU list above, even my cousin's GTX 1070, a Zotac Mini, will not be detected.

This is a failing CPU?

From the steps you've taken it unfortunately seems like a scratched pad on the bottom of the cpu or a bent pin in the socke, although it seems unlikely for both boards to have the same bent pins, or, as you've dicovered already: the cpu might degrading. Try looking at the first 2 option before taking any actions, it might save you some money

Degradation does not happen on a single DDR stick lane. If you had issues it would come up as channels (meaning either channel A or B wouldnt work and leave you with just 2 working ram slots). Your issue sounds like a physical  one, either board has damaged traces for that ram slot or your CPU is not seated well. Also when you delid your CPU, if you dont have enough pressure on the CPU itself, it will throw up RAM codes.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 hours ago, Mephi00 said:

From the steps you've taken it unfortunately seems like a scratched pad on the bottom of the cpu or a bent pin in the socke, although it seems unlikely for both boards to have the same bent pins, or, as you've dicovered already: the cpu might degrading. Try looking at the first 2 option before taking any actions, it might save you some money

I highly doubt that it's a CPU contact pads, as I never took out the CPU from the MSI Z170 for a very long time, until Jan 3, 2020, which I swapped it to the BIOStar board.

I will reseat the CPU, and tighten the mounting pressure of my H212.

might be oxidization on the cpu pads, perhaps  give it a wipe with isoprop and reinsert it.