Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q

ProPigeon

Hello guys,

I've just ordered this monitor for me and I'm wondering if anyone has it and if so what is your experience?

I found a weird think in Nvidia's G-sync compatibility site: 
image.thumb.png.5a1ab580e21f11e1fbcfbba1d4637bec.png

There it says in the 4th space "no" for the FI27Q. (that column is for "HDR" on Nvidia's site) So why is it on "no" for this monitor? The monitor is advertised to have hdr, also it's supposed to be 165 hz and not 48-144 liek written on this sheet.

I've heard that with fi27q and ad27qd you can't use stuff at the same time (that's what fi27q-p was there for to fix) But then why does it say "yes" at the older ad27qd?

Assuming the info is correct, it's pretty self-explanatory, the FI27Q has a lower refresh rate range for G-Sync and doesn't support HDR simultaneously with it, while the "-P" version does, as weird as it is. I have the AD27QD and because of firmware updates and nvidia driver updates the G-Sync experience is great, everything works as it should be, even with HDR enabled so I'd assume that'd also be the case with the FI27Q.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Assuming the info is correct, it's pretty self-explanatory, the FI27Q has a lower refresh rate range for G-Sync and doesn't support HDR simultaneously with it, while the "-P" version does, as weird as it is. I have the AD27QD and because of firmware updates and nvidia driver updates the G-Sync experience is great, everything works as it should be, even with HDR enabled so I'd assume that'd also be the case with thte FI27Q.

Hmm :( So does that mean I won't be able to use hdr when g-sync is on? Why would be the fi27q worse on that prespective then the older ad27qd? It's such a shame I couldN't get an ad27qd, I wanted that cause the 165hz is useless for me anyways with my 2070s, but in the stores in my country only the fi27q was avalible. 

7 minutes ago, ProPigeon said:

Hmm :( So does that mean I won't be able to use hdr when g-sync is on? Why would be the fi27q worse on that prespective then the older ad27qd? It's such a shame I couldN't get an ad27qd, I wanted that cause the 165hz is useless for me anyways with my 2070s, but in the stores in my country only the fi27q was avalible. 

The FI27QD is the same as the AD27QD, I think the only difference is refresh rate so I'm not sure what's going on there.

As for differences between the FI27Q-P and the FI27Q I found this post:

According to the published documentation (FI27Q-P and FI27Q) difference is not that big and the specs are mostly the same (both 1440p and 165Hz) except for:
- DP version and color capability: DP1.2/8bit vs DP1.4/10bit
- Power consumption: 85W vs 90W
- Black Equalizer function: basic (1.0?) version vs 2.0 version

FI27Q-P: "To enable the HDR effect for the DP port, you may need to set the DP1.4 and enable the 10-bit color output in your graphics card."

FI27Q: "To enable the HDR effect for the DP port, you may need to set the DP1.2 and enable the 8-bit color output in your graphics card."

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

The FI27QD is the same as the AD27QD, I think the only difference is refresh rate so I'm not sure what's going on there.

As for differences between the FI27Q-P and the FI27Q I found this post:

I know everything about the fi27q-p as that whas what I was originally getting. Today I cancelled the order and ordered a normal fi27q instead, since I don't need the extras that come with the fi27q-p for 200$ more. But I would never have expected the fi27q to be in any way worse then the ad27qd :( Sad if I can't do HRD while G-sync is on

On 1/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, ProPigeon said:

I know everything about the fi27q-p as that whas what I was originally getting. Today I cancelled the order and ordered a normal fi27q instead, since I don't need the extras that come with the fi27q-p for 200$ more. But I would never have expected the fi27q to be in any way worse then the ad27qd :( Sad if I can't do HRD while G-sync is on

That doesn't make any sense so the Nvidia page may be wrong. Hard to know without having the actual monitor itself.

• 2 months later...

Hello, It's been a while. Did you buy this monitor, I mean FI27Q? Do you have any problems with g-sync and/or HDR mode? Maybe some updates or fixes? I also want to buy FI27Q and don't want to pay extra 200$ for -P model...