Help needed - Windows 10 Bootloop

himo Mo

well, i was messing around with my PC and checking what MSI Utilities have to offer, as i have a tomahawk mobo.

I installed Game-App & X-Boost to try em out, everything was working fine, tried a few Cinebench tests, all was good.

I then tried that OC Mode from the Game-App which required a restart, i restarted and the bootloop started, and i am unable to stop it.

Note: the Windows Crash code changes pretty much every time it crashes.

Also, the CPU is always at 100% even in safe mode.

what i tried is:

-Change the selected Power Plan (i thought maybe the app configured the CPU to work at 100% the whole time, which was causing overheat and so i kept crashing)

-Someone suggested a Bootrec /RebuildBcd which didn't help as well.

-I also checked my BIOS settings, nothing seemed off there, everything is at it was when the PC was working fine.

-booting into safe mode worked a couple of times, i managed to uninstall both apps, hoping that would remove whatever effect they caused. (still didn't work)

Any idea how i can fix it without having to re-install windows?

Many thanks in advance :)

Issue Resolved: (Most likely)

While in safe mode, i deleted the folders related to Game-App or OC Mode from C:\MSI

Re-installed the app while in safe mode, restarted, booted into windows normally, and opened the app & selected silent mode, required a restart, then i uninstalled the app, everything seems to be working fine now (so far).

Thanks to anyone who tried to help :)

I'd try clearing CMOS if you haven't done that yet.

Other than that, IDK

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4