Can't create windows storage space

So I'm trying to use 2 HDDs (identical) that were in a RAID 0 in another machine. 1 of them works fine, but the other one spits out a "Can't prepare Drives" error with the code (0x00000002) error code. The drive itself shows up in everything I could think of to check it's actually showing up, except in one case.

So I went into Drive Manager and tried a few things, none of them worked. I did some googling to see what's up and didn't really come across anything specific to my instance, so I tried some of the things other people said fixed it. I ran Powershell and did get-disk and it shows up there alongside it's buddy with the same Uniqueid (as well as the same UniqueID as my boot drive for some reason), then I opened diskpart to check it shows up there, it does. I tried changing the ID by 1 hexidecimal at the end, that didn't solve it, I did a clean on it and that didn't solve it. So I did a get-Physicaldisk and it doesn't show.

No matter what I can do I can't get it to show from a get-PhysicalDisk and I think that's why StorageSpaces can't use it to build a pool. I've run seagate seatools and don't a full overwrite and run all the advance tests and it's still not working. I'm currently running a Full All Long on it to see if that'll help.

The drive itself works perfectly fine in windows standalone, both of them do. However I would like to have a RAID 0 between the 2 drives for quick access to some data while working. I could do a BIOS RAID with the two, but I've got a feeling from how it works with my motherboard (X399 Aurous Gaming 7) that it'll mess up my other drives which are in a Storagepool underm Primocache and I don't want to have to go to the hassle of rebuilding my comp if it does mess that up cause I'd need to rebuild like 5tb of data from my backup...

I can provide screenshots if needed. The disks where in an external raid enclosure previously, I just wanted to get rid of another point of failure in my work environment haha

Edit: If this is in the wrong place, point me to where to post this, I know it's not specifically about servers or a NAS, but I couldn't think of where else to post that might be trying to do what I am. 

Try running the clean again in diskpart, reboot then check the disk is online but do nothing else then create a storage pool with only the problem disk. If that works then add the other disk to the pool. This disk not showing in get-PhysicalDisk is very odd but I suspect a clean then reboot or a reboot then clean + reboot may fix that, sometimes disks get stuck in weird states that only reboots and/or cleans fix.

3 hours ago, leadeater said:

Try running the clean again in diskpart, reboot then check the disk is online but do nothing else then create a storage pool with only the problem disk. If that works then add the other disk to the pool. This disk not showing in get-PhysicalDisk is very odd but I suspect a clean then reboot or a reboot then clean + reboot may fix that, sometimes disks get stuck in weird states that only reboots and/or cleans fix.

Ok, I tried that, then I tried closing as many proccess as possible and still the same error message for bothe things. Still not showing up in get-physicaldisk.

I've run out of time for the tests to finish today so I'll re-run them tomorrow and hope that they fix it, if not apparently I can't use this drive for Storage Spaces and I'll just chuck it in my server and buy another to RAID 0 with.

Edit:Ok so I was messing around and noticed some weird behaviour. I wanted to see if there was anything I could watch that was happening in Disk Management while Storage Spaces was making the pool. For the faulty disk it unintiallised it and then it just didn't come back on, and with the health disk it just went straight through the process without the initialising first. Not sure if that's useful. 

9 hours ago, AverageAfro said:

Ok, I tried that, then I tried closing as many proccess as possible and still the same error message for bothe things. Still not showing up in get-physicaldisk.

I've run out of time for the tests to finish today so I'll re-run them tomorrow and hope that they fix it, if not apparently I can't use this drive for Storage Spaces and I'll just chuck it in my server and buy another to RAID 0 with.

Edit:Ok so I was messing around and noticed some weird behaviour. I wanted to see if there was anything I could watch that was happening in Disk Management while Storage Spaces was making the pool. For the faulty disk it unintiallised it and then it just didn't come back on, and with the health disk it just went straight through the process without the initialising first. Not sure if that's useful. 

This may sound off but try running a free disk formatting tool like AOMEI Partition Assistant its free I had strange issues in the past and used this to get the disk back up and running disk manager can sometimes get flaky

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

1 hour ago, mrbilky said:

This may sound off but try running a free disk formatting tool like AOMEI Partition Assistant its free I had strange issues in the past and used this to get the disk back up and running disk manager can sometimes get flaky

About half way through the seatools tests, once those are finished I'll see if it worked, if not I'll use that tool and then report back.

Nope. Nothing has worked. I did a full pass with multiple softwares, I did a reset-physicaldisk. I've tried many a thing. The only thing I can think of is putting it back in the external RAID Enclosure and undoing the raid through the software it provides, but that's so much hassle to get it all set up again and I have a feeling it's still not going to fix it. 

I'm just gunna buy a new drive. Thanks for the help guys!