Considering selling tower to buy laptop

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
1 minute ago, Confused_Gamer said:

Hi, So i have spent the last few years at high school building a tower PC. It has cost a lot of money and time to make as i am relatively new to PC building but i am very happy with the results. So i started college in September 2019 and discovered that i could do with having a laptop, however having a desktop as well as a laptop would prove impractical for me as i prefer to work off one piece of tech rather than several. So i have a couple of questions, If i do sell i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations when it comes to gaming laptops and what sort of price i would be looking at. I tend to play games like Battlefront and Red Dead 2, the specs on my rig are as follows:

i7 6700k 4.0ghz

GTX 1070 FE

16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM

Asus Strix Z270 motherboard

1TB HDD

300GB HDD

2x 120gb SSD

H100i Platinum cooler

Corsair Carbide 275R Case

650w Power Supply

Ebay is saying that i could get anywhere upward of £800 for it but i wanted to get some advice from some like-minded people when it comes to selling a computer like this.

Sorry that it seems lengthy and a lot to ask but im at a loss as to what to do

Thank you

£800 would be the max you can get for it unless you have some rgb stuff going on then you can sell for a bit more. Also remove some of the random hdd's as that is funny enough more of a deterrent to people than a bonus.

Laptop wise if you want same spec or better you are looking at the 1200£+ range usually.

Hi, So i have spent the last few years at high school building a tower PC. It has cost a lot of money and time to make as i am relatively new to PC building but i am very happy with the results. So i started college in September 2019 and discovered that i could do with having a laptop, however having a desktop as well as a laptop would prove impractical for me as i prefer to work off one piece of tech rather than several. So i have a couple of questions, If i do sell i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations when it comes to gaming laptops and what sort of price i would be looking at. I tend to play games like Battlefront and Red Dead 2, the specs on my rig are as follows:

i7 6700k 4.0ghz

GTX 1070 FE

1TB HDD

300GB HDD

2x 120gb SSD

H100i Platinum cooler

650w Power Supply

Ebay is saying that i could get anywhere upward of £800 for it but i wanted to get some advice from some like-minded people when it comes to selling a computer like this.

Thank you

1 minute ago, Confused_Gamer said:

i7 6700k 4.0ghz

GTX 1070 FE

1TB HDD

300GB HDD

2x 120gb SSD

H100i Platinum cooler

650w Power Supply

Thank you

£800 would be the max you can get for it unless you have some rgb stuff going on then you can sell for a bit more. Also remove some of the random hdd's as that is funny enough more of a deterrent to people than a bonus.

Laptop wise if you want same spec or better you are looking at the 1200£+ range usually.

33 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Thanks mate. The cooler is RGB but thats about it. 

3 minutes ago, Confused_Gamer said:

Thanks mate. The cooler is RGB but thats about it. 

As long as it illuminates enough and gives that gamery look which your components should do then you'll have a lot of attention pulled towards it.