Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

worry

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD

Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15

Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )

Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP

Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W

mb: Asus Prime Z390-A

SSD: Crucial 1TB

HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment and after crash when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?

I clicked exit to main menu and it crashed to windows with display driver crash.

Second event. After crash i was in Windows 10 and out of the blue, after 2-3 minutes pc just restarted. So why pc restarted itself? PSU ?

ps:

PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?

Just simply. After 12 hours i clicked ESC and exit to main menu,it crashed to desktop with driver crash. And after 2-3 minutes system from desktop just restarted out of the blue with Kernel-41.No Bsod.

And now its fine again. Weird?!

One random BSOD is nothing to worry about.

If it starts happening regularly you'll need to do something about it.

Try stress testing the system if you're worried, that can sometimes provoke a response if you've got a bad part.

Hello.

Hello. I think i was get bsod but not sure. System was hanged and lags after crash in game to desktop.

After 1 minute i get system reboot ( like power cut ) and logged to system.

Screen from event log:

20:17:30 reported time of unexpected reboot. There was not bugcheck.

we2.jpg

Also found file in : windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp.

Time: 20:18:00

we1.jpg

When that happened i dont saw a BLUESCREEN on display,only simply reboot. But my question is. Is that file windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp , was related to that unexpected reboot? Thanks

My pc rebooted unexpectedly during logging out and logging in to system. It was so fast so i dont saw completely a BSOD. Just like power outage cut. I am not sure if that was BSOD or not.Can somebody help me identify?

Event log said: Kernel 41 event power. No bugcheck.

After reboot i check Windows folder. C:/Windows/MEMORY.dmp not exist. C:/Windows/minidump folder not exist.

Only in C:/ windows/livekernelreports/ pow32kwatchdog.dmp. <--- that file appeared a few moment before reboot.

Thats why i ask. pow32kwatchdog.dmp was a dump from that reboot BSOD ,or it was not BSOD but simply reboot due to for example faulty hardware ( like power cut ) ?

I dont had any problems with stability. All games stable,memtest,realbench all ok.

Thanks for help

PC:
9900K with 32gb ram xmp and 2080 ti , seasonic 850 ultra titanium

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My question. Can faulty psu make a BSOD? I mean just BSOD and pc reboot ( without shutdown ). Or not?
Or if psu is faulty then system always shutdown and then reboot.

1 minute ago, worry said:

What code of BSOD?

the codes would be very inconsistent because bad power delivery causes various other components to fail sporadically.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I left Metro Exodus running by character standing on the same place for 12 hours. When i back to home i press ESC and while exiting from game mission to MAIN MENU ( moment where GPU LOAD drops ) i get BLACK SCREEN and no monitor signal for 1 minute, and crash to desktop with TDR driver crash in event log. After that i log off from system and log back in again and system rebooted unexpected. ( not shutdown but only reboot )

I dont have any other issues with stability in games. It happened once. Thx also not able to reproduce. Very weird.

C:/Windows/minidump ,not exist. C:/Windows/memory.dmp not exist.

Here is screens from dump file ---> C:/Windows/Livekernelreports/pow32Kwatchdog.dmp <--only that file appear. I think it is related to that pc reboot but not sure.

"A callout to Win32k did not return promptly"

https://i.postimg.cc/xCv9gqjd/w1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/01kGvUb.jpg

It was psue issue or not?

Also my gpu drivers is from november 2019. Windows 10 up to date.

Threads merged

Do not keep posting new threads about the same issue.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450