Would this G.Skill RAM work on my B350m Mortar Mobo + Ryzen 5 1600 gen 1?

neonwarge04

Hi, 

So I went to MSI B350m Mortar page and went to check for RAM compatibility. So when I was shopping for RAM, I checked if the product exists on this page. One of the stick on my 2x 16gb has failed and currently running on 8gb. I wanted to replace my RAM but I am not sure if I can disregard the compatibility list and just buy ram that has the supported ram speed?

While I am at this predicament, I looking forward to upgrade from 16gb to 32gb and here is what I found. This is not listed on my mobo site. Would I be fine?

Thanks!!

Isn't the ram listed on the Ryzen 2x00 chapter of the very board? Then the odds are high that the ram will also work with your R5 1600 as well. 

Generally it should work within jedec-specifications at least, but if not explicitly listed there's no guarantee that it will get the full xmp-support (DDR4 3200 for the latter ram). 

@Sir0Tek Hi,

Thanks for the response. The model serial number is not listed on Ryzen 1X00 on the mobo support page, esp the 32gb counterparts. Does that also mean if doesn't run on the xmp-support speed means the RAM wouldn't even work at all? I just needed a RAM replacement ASAP. My machine is running right now on a 8gb RAM and its unbearable.

Unless the ram is incompatible with jedec-standard it should run at non-xmp settings just fine. But it is listed on the 2x00-support page, isn't it?

@Sir0Tek,

Doing a quick check, 
F4-3200C16D-32GTZKW is not even listed. Both on 1x00 and 2x00 even on the variants of 3x00. Its really hard to find RAM suitable for Ryzen platform, with specific product number its really hard for me pick product already available on the local market. What if I also upgrade my mobo?

@Sir0Tek,

Let me just rephrase my question, what I really need right now is a RAM, I am not super concerned with the speed. What I am concerned is that if I buy a RAM and its not even mentioned on the official support list. Would that RAM worked or not? What I am just afraid that I paid bucks for the ram and shipping and all only to find out that the RAM itself wouldn't even boot my PC just as it did when I put my 2x8 RAM on my mobo. So I am basically looking for a replacement ASAP as I cannot continue to do work on my machine with 8gb.