pc wont post

Allotec

I have a old prebuilt pc that i acquired and i changed the power supply on it to a newer one bc i didnt want it to blow up. Now when i try to boot it up the fans spin up and i hear the hardrive engage but it doesnt post it just sits there lighten up. I also threw out the old psu. I am wondering if i can fix this or is this one of those systems where you cant change any of the components bc of oem stuff or assembler stuff. 

10 minutes ago, Allotec said:

I have a old prebuilt pc that i acquired and i changed the power supply on it to a newer one bc i didnt want it to blow up. Now when i try to boot it up the fans spin up and i hear the hardrive engage but it doesnt post it just sits there lighten up. I also threw out the old psu. I am wondering if i can fix this or is this one of those systems where you cant change any of the components bc of oem stuff or assembler stuff. 

Are you trying to boot using dedicated gpu or igpu? 
You can try some basic troubleshooting first if you didn’t do it yet. Clearing cmos etc

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

What are the specs and what is the current rated wattage of the PSU? You probably just plugged something in wrong.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

9 hours ago, Whiro said:

Are you trying to boot using dedicated gpu or igpu? 
You can try some basic troubleshooting first if you didn’t do it yet. Clearing cmos etc

The pc has no dedicated gpu and I removed the cmos battery and put it back in already

9 hours ago, DarkEnergy said:

What are the specs and what is the current rated wattage of the PSU? You probably just plugged something in wrong.

Cpu- old core i3

500gb hard drive 

Asrock h77m

One thing to note is I went from 200 watt to 500 watt psu