My PC wont Boot It Just Keeps Turning Off

JxmieTech

I’ve spent ages on working this out and haven’t had any success and decided to come on here to see if anyone intelligent or an expert on pcs will help me aha. I’ve built my first pc and I finally got enough parts to what I think is enough to turn it on, I’ve got my cpu, gpu, ram, motherboard, case fans, power supply and all the correct cables linked up in my case all supposedly working. (Except a Cpu fan)

When I press the power button the computer turns on for 10 seconds before turning off for 5 and booting up again, this continuously happens until I pull the plug, this only happens when my cpu isn’t but as soon as I try turning it on with my cpu in it turns on for 2 seconds instead of 10 and immediately turns off again ,but this time it might only try one more time not loop itself before, not even showing any response other than the green light on my graphics card before me having to unplug it and replug it or switch the switch on the power supply on and off.

Someone please help me it would be greatly appreciated thanks x

19 minutes ago, JxmieTech said:

When I press the power button the computer turns on for 10 seconds before turning off for 5 and booting up again this continuously happens until I pull the plug this only happens when my cpu isn’t but as soon as I try turning it on with my cpu in it turns on for 2 seconds instead of 10 and immediately turns off again ,but this time it might only try one more time not loop itself before, not even showing any response other than the green light on my graphics card before me having to unplug it and replug it or switch the switch on the power supply on and off.

this.... really needs some periods and commas

19 minutes ago, JxmieTech said:

this only happens when my cpu isn’t

are you attempting to run a computer without the cpu installed?

In the box that came with your motherboard, there's usually a tiny black speaker, plug it in and listen for the post beep codes.

2 hours ago, JxmieTech said:

Except a Cpu fan

I don’t get that part ... is your cpu cooler fan not connected at all or is it not working (not spinning when you turn it on)? 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

10 hours ago, emosun said:

this.... really needs some periods and commas

are you attempting to run a computer without the cpu installed?

No when the cpu is installed the computer doesn’t stay on for more than 2 seconds.

But when it is not in the cpu socket, the computer will stay on for 10 seconds then turn off and stay in a loop until the pc is unplugged.

7 hours ago, Whiro said:

I don’t get that part ... is your cpu cooler fan not connected at all or is it not working (not spinning when you turn it on)? 

The cpu fan isn’t connected but the computer should still turn on without it though?

9 hours ago, i_is_colours said:

In the box that came with your motherboard, there's usually a tiny black speaker, plug it in and listen for the post beep codes.

I don’t have one in mine 

I fully accept that this is time consuming advice, but you can get your hands on a motherboard speaker for around a dollar, if you can listen for the post codes your motherboard may or may not be putting out, it will very likely point you in the correct troubleshooting direction. If you find the motherboard is emitting no post codes, it may be DOA, or it may point to it not getting power, etc. Whereas if you can get a post code that will 100% point you to the exact problem, provided the motherboard vendor has provided adequate documentation.

Apologies for not having anything more constructive to offer.