Plugging a power delivery docking station to TB3

AFKWarrior

Hello all,

i know i might be stressing over nothing, but better safe then sorry so here I go...

I´ve got a laptop that i´d like to dock in office for work. However, most docking stations now days have power delivery trough USB-C (it´s quite hard to find one that doesn´t, even so, might change laptop in a future so why not go with it). My laptop, according to manufacturer does not support PD trough TB3. (ASUS ROG GL 503 VS STRIX)

I might not understand the concept entirely but... if my TB3 is not unlocked for PD, won´t I mess up my system? Something similar to shorting out my MB.  Will the docking station still push power trough USB- C even though my laptop does not support it? (i am not looking to charge it over the station, just want one type - c for convenient unplugs from peripherals and external hard drive bays).

Manufacturers site is quite unclear and their support was uncertain, so here I am,

Thank you!

From my understanding, if a port doesn't support charging, then you'll most likely fry one or two things trying to shove power through it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!