Internal USB devices

PepinoPequeno

Hi everyone, I usually like to think I am good with this kind of stuff but I'm at a loss. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place (newbie). I have a MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon with an EVGA 280 CLC as my cooler. The MOBO has 2 internal usb 2.0 headers and one was taken by my AIO for monitoring and the other for my front USB. I later added a corsair commander to add an extra usb port and everything has worked fine for months. I later needed to upgrade my PSU to a AX1200i from Corsair which also has an internal usb cable to adjust the fan curve and power draw through ICUE. When I plugged the PSU into one of my usb headers, upon next boot, I found that I was getting an error message saying EVGA flow control cannot detect my CLC. I already troubleshooted and found that when both devices are connected, flow control fails to detect the CLC but does anyone know why this is happening? I didn't really want to have to pick and choose between my softwares. I have checked under SIV and the AIO and PSU are detected and connected to the board however, I am still getting the 'device not found error when I try to launch Flow Control, any help towards a solution is appreciated and thank you all.

• 10 months later...
On 1/1/2020 at 6:54 PM, PepinoPequeno said:

Hi everyone, I usually like to think I am good with this kind of stuff but I'm at a loss. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place (newbie). I have a MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon with an EVGA 280 CLC as my cooler. The MOBO has 2 internal usb 2.0 headers and one was taken by my AIO for monitoring and the other for my front USB. I later added a corsair commander to add an extra usb port and everything has worked fine for months. I later needed to upgrade my PSU to a AX1200i from Corsair which also has an internal usb cable to adjust the fan curve and power draw through ICUE. When I plugged the PSU into one of my usb headers, upon next boot, I found that I was getting an error message saying EVGA flow control cannot detect my CLC. I already troubleshooted and found that when both devices are connected, flow control fails to detect the CLC but does anyone know why this is happening? I didn't really want to have to pick and choose between my softwares. I have checked under SIV and the AIO and PSU are detected and connected to the board however, I am still getting the 'device not found error when I try to launch Flow Control, any help towards a solution is appreciated and thank you all.

Did you ever find a solution for this brother???? I’ve just installed a ax 1200i yesterday And have very similar issues. Im going to disconnect the psu from the usb header when i get back from work to see if that works. But really wanted to monitor my psu now and again. 

Hey brother,

I actually did not, when I reached out to both corsair and EVGA, I got nowhere. Corsair sent me a new cable thinking that was at fault (it wasn't) and EVGA told me it was a known issue and they would look into it (they clearly didn't). I just picked one over the other as that seemed to be my only resolution. I know how bad it stinks but sorry mate.

Thanks for the reply fellow pc brother :D... so just got back unplugged the Axi sure as have it flow control worked again!!!!!!!!! DAM IT!!!! i only got a axi because there's no stock of HX 1200i in the uk at all..... :( my hxi 750 had no problems with it whatsoever.... yea I tried the cable route as well... something to do with the old firmware then on  the axi or that dongle interfering with it then... its a shame you cant update the firmware as i liked the option to check the current on the rails... and i'm certainly not going down the 1600 route!!!!!