Quieter GPU: Saphire pulse 5700 or gigabyte gaming oc pro 2060

cifroes

I know in terms of performance who wins but I care most about noise levels, to be as low as possible.

the stock RX 5700 doesn’t have good reviews but there are a lot of models that are dual fan so they are probably much better so my specific questions is what GPU I can get that is quieter including all the different brands for both cards.

i also know I should be using the 2060 super but in my country that’s more expensive.

For AMD what is in stock is for example  Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 Pulse 8GB (seems like an OK cooling solution)

MSI Radeon RX 5700 Evoke 8G OC (don’t know about this)

Asus Radeon RX 5700 Dual EVO OC 8GB

Powercolor red dragon is 35€ more expensive.

then for RTX 2060 I narrowed it down to the 
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro 6G (rev 2.0)(GV-N2060GAMINGOC PRO-6GD) that is on stock and at the same price level as the sapphire pulse. It’s the cheapest 3 fan card and I know it’s gonna be quiet.

my real doubt is if any of the RX 5700 are gonna be as quiet as this gigabyte. I just never saw a good review comparing after market 5700 with 2060

Sapphire Pulse, Gigabyte Gaming OC or Powercolor Red Dragon. Check reviews.

Gigabyte would win purely on noise because it's a triple fan setup.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

The sapphire pulse cooler design has excellent thermals

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Triple fans cards tend to be actually noisier than two fan cards with bigger fans. Every additional fan adds more noise to the system[three same fans are noisier then two same fans], and considering that they run at higher RPM it adds even more. 

RTX 2060 will be quieter than RX 5700, there are two factors:

-RX 5700 is slightly more power hungry

-RX 5700 have smaller die, thus its harder to transfer heat from the die, and hence i either needs elaborate passive cooling solution or more fans/higher rpm

I would go for RTX 2060 if you play at 1080p[and you should as these cards are not for 1440p triple AAA gaming]. 6GB of vram is enough for 1080p, and you rarely need to switch to high textures with this resolution, because its in the end pointless. If you don't mind noise and temperature then i would go for RX 5700, but you've said its most important for you.

Thanks for all the feedback. I chose the gigabyte with triple fans based on this video: 

But I never saw a direct comparison of noise of say Sapphire Pulse vs Gigabyte RTX 2060 triple fan.

By 'default' the RX 5700 seem to be noisier but for example here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14618/the-amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rx-5700-review/15 The RX 5700 has a lower power draw than the RTX 2060. I believe that with a good cooling system probably the RX 5700 can be a quiet GPU, it seems much better in noise than the 5700 XT.

So that's my doubt :) If I can get a RX 5700 that is quiet enough.