Help With A Build

Gbaby011

I am finally ready to build a proper gaming computer and I want some help on some decisions.  First off I Do have a budget it is under 1000 and i already have the case it is a rosewell blackhawk.  I have most of the parts in mind.  Here is what i have so far.  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TwVK

I will be playng some games like battlefield 3 and maybe 4, i would like to play some crysis 3, but mainly league of legends.

The parts i am wondering on are the graphics card, the psu and the cpu cooler.

I also want to know if it is possible to trasfer my os to an ssd down the road for faster boot times.

The build that you've set out so far is pretty nice! For the GPU i would switch out the 660ti for a 7870 Tahiti LE (Different from a normal 7870) or a 7950, they will match or improve on the FPS of most games compared to the 660ti plus you'll get Crysis, Bioshock and blood dragon for free! As for the PSU the one you've chosen is ok, but you could do with a little lower wattage PSU (500W), if you are looking for a new one i'll recommend the Seasonic G-Series. In terms of transferring your OS to an SSD you should be fine if you have the right migration software. Overall though, the rest looks perfectly fine! Good luck with your build! :)

I think the SeaSonic SSR-550RM would be a better choice of power supply.  The Corsair CX series is not great.  You can move your OS to an SSD with cloning software, provided your used hard drive space is below the SSD's max capacity, taking into account the 7% drop (128GB SSD = 119GB in Windows, 256GB SSD = 238GB in Windows).  Some SSDs like the ADATA XPG SX900 and the Samsung 840 Pro come with cloning software.

Thank you but what if in the future i want to add another card because i know games always require more and more.  So keeping that power supply would make sense right.  also is nvidia or amd better for Crossfire or SLI?

650W is stretching it for dual GPU cards.  The CX Series is pretty budget minded and I wouldn't recommend it for an enthusiast/dual GPU build.  AMD is a better value for single cards.  SLI works a bit better than Crossfire however AMD has been working on improving Crossfire lately.

so go up in psu maybe 750? So if I was to go with the AMD option which would you recommend knowing i would eventually use two in crossfire.  Plus whould it be more benificial to get the SSD before the actually hard drive?

If you're not planning to to do more than two GPUs a 750W - 850W will be sufficient for your build. The SSD will decrease your boot times and your load times by a fair amount so you should get it first, plus transferring an OS can often lead to problems so if you're planning on moving to a SSD you might as well just get it now and save like 60 70 bucks and get yourself a WD Blue 1TB or that Seagate 1TB that you've chosen

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

should I get  a samsung 840 series SSD or something cheaper i will spend more if it more effecient,reliable and over all better.

Here's an if again. If you're not a budget just for the 840s or even the 840 Pros :) Samsung makes great SSDs as well as Intel with their 520 series, but in the end most of the mainstream SSDs out there are pretty similar and there's no noticeable difference in day to day use as well as gaming load times. So if you're looking to save some money you could go for Crucial M4s or Plextor M5s :)

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Thank you for everything I apreciate that you took time out of your day to help me.  I will take all this info and put it to good use i wil probably take some pics of my build to put it up but it isnt going to be that impressive or glamourous.

I took all of the things you told me into consideration and thi is what i hav built. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TKwj

I figured I wont need two video cards for a while so im going to just go with the one and ill be ok turning settings down in the future.  Also do i need an after market CPU cooler if i dont want to overclock it for a while,or even at all cause i realized 4.0 GHz is  alot compared to my 2.1 that i have now.

Looks great :)  From experience I can say the AMD stock cooler is pretty noisy when the CPU is under load; I'd keep the Hyper 212 if only for noise reasons, plus it leaves you the overclocking option in the future if you so desire.

ok thats fine just clarifying. Thanks cant wait to order the parts this friday or sat