Computer help!

EnderCat

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I really need some help. My older brother gave me his old pc and I was cleaning it out so my brothers can use it, but after I added the hard drives and tried turning it on, the fans turned on for half a second then turned off. I tried turning it on again but nothing happened. I opened it up and tried jumping the power pins but nothing happened, I unplugged the 24 pin and plugged it back it and jumped the pins again, the fans worked for half a second again and turned off and I'm back where I started. What can I do

Have you checked all the power connections? CPU, Motherboard, GPU?

Can you list all the parts? What power supply is it?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

37 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Have you checked all the power connections? CPU, Motherboard, GPU?

Can you list all the parts? What power supply is it?

I just unplugged and replugged every power connector but the hard drives cuz they're in the back, it has 12gb ddr3, an r7 270 I think, I forgot what i3 it has, 2 320gb hard drives and 1 500gb, and a evga 600w 80+ bronze rated psu.

Edit. If I turn the psu off for a minute then back on, it turns on for half a second again

do the simple things first; remove the hard drives then reboot, see if it does, and then go into the BIOS and check every setting you can find, then save, exit and reboot, wait till you get the message "system updated successfully" or similar. Turn off, add the hard drive with the O/S and try your luck again, you never know!