Vintage Sherwood S-2125 speakers?

No_Thor

Some old (what I belive is Sherwood speakers) that I got from with an old Radionette SM 340 GC LP player.

The Lp player is from 74-75, and the small speakers was part of the Lp player.

Was told that they all work but have yet to test them, they are all in a bit of distress cosmetic.

if they are are Sherwood speakers (as they don't have a name tag on them but from what I can getter when googeling them) they are not the best, but the s-2125 series are passeble.

Don't know if the PRO series is any better or not.

if there is anyone have any experience or knowlege about these speakers I would like to hear more.

IMG_20191222_185239.thumb.jpg.bdc5d54d302bb50dea71d64a59e66399.jpgIMG_20191222_185249.thumb.jpg.c45ae35aa803475360d1028671689c03.jpg

How much are they being offered for? They look a hella lot better than some of the vintage stuff I've seen, Atleast they're 8 ohm's aswell. Alot of older speaker's amaze people with just how refined they sound. But do give them a listen, some can have rotted wires, crossover issues, rubbing voice coils etc.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

9 hours ago, Derkoli said:

How much are they being offered for? They look a hella lot better than some of the vintage stuff I've seen, Atleast they're 8 ohm's aswell. Alot of older speaker's amaze people with just how refined they sound. But do give them a listen, some can have rotted wires, crossover issues, rubbing voice coils etc.

They were free, as he had no space and need for them. Have yet to test them. 

• 3 years later...

Just remember the bottom 12'' speaker is fake. Only the top one is wired.