Windows Install loop

mitousis

I'm sorry, I know this is long but if you have the time please read.

So long story short I had to system restore due to driver issues and after the restore my computer was stuck in a boot loop. Since I didn't have access to a second computer and didn't have a USB stick on me I decided to give it to a techncian for a quick format. Apparently the "technician" didn't have any idea what he was doing and just deleted the files from my SSD and installed Windows on my HDD (I know, this is unbelievable for a "technician"). A few days later I had access to a friend's computer and bought a USB stick to properly install Windows. I created a bootable device through the Windows Media tool thingy, went to my bios, selected my USB stick and exited bios. So far everything is going well. Windows installation begins, I deleted both drivers and choose my SSD for the windows installation. After a minute or two I get the windows will restart in 10 seconds message so I unplug my USB stick in order to boot from my SSD. For some strange reason, after the restart I got sent to my bios. From there when I tried to see if something is wrong with my boot priority I got a message saying "the system didn't detect any bootable devices". So I tried installing Windows again. Same results, did it at least 5 times. Then I thought maybe I shouldn't remove the USB stick  and just select my SSD from the bios, but it still wasn't appearing. I tried reinstalling/updating my bios but nothing changed. Tried messing with all the UEFI and Legacy settings, had no luck at all. Disabled fast boot and secure boot, still nothing at all. Tried all USB Ports, and nothing else is connected to my laptop. I'm stuck with a laptop that doesn't work and I have to study for my exams...

Edit: Windows aren't installing on my HDD either, I'm getting really worried now

Edit 2: In boot options my USB is registered as : UEFI SanDisk USB, could this have to do anything with it? Cause I'm not that familiar with UEFI and don't really know what it means 

My laptop is a  5 months old ASUS Rog Scar II with a 256gb nvme sdd , 1tb hdd , i7 8750, 32 gb ram (upgraded from 16 for dual channel ) and a GTX 1060. 

11 minutes ago, mitousis said:

I'm sorry, I know this is long but if you have the time please read.

choose the UEFI option for the memory stick by clicking on it. If that doesnt work try another option such as checking for any other usb stick options in the bios and clicking on those

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

9 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

choose the UEFI option for the memory stick by clicking on it. If that doesnt work try another option such as checking for any other usb stick options in the bios and clicking on those

I am choosing the UEFI option, plus already tried every USB option that there was in bios. No results.

Install Windows and when it restarts go to Bios/Uefi and only then unplug the pen

13 minutes ago, Kidplayer_666 said:

Install Windows and when it restarts go to Bios/Uefi and only then unplug the pen

Also tried that. When I do that I have no bootable devices and it just goes straight to bios again 

Have you tried other versions of Windows (like 10 but instead of using the latest big update try to use an older one like aniversary update)

10 minutes ago, Kidplayer_666 said:

Have you tried other versions of Windows (like 10 but instead of using the latest big update try to use an older one like aniversary update)

I thought about doing that but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm using the media creation tool which installs the latest version (I think) and there's no option to select other versions.

Then to be sure use a Linux install to be sure whether it’s software or hardware problem 

If you can install Linux to use as an operation base, not to be reliant on your friend’s computer 

26 minutes ago, Kidplayer_666 said:

If you can install Linux to use as an operation base, not to be reliant on your friend’s computer 

I will try to do that, I will reply with the results