Case Fans Not Spinning According to CPU Temps

Syaoran

So basically title.

CPU temps will go up to 70C and the fans stay at the same speed of 800.

I've set the fan temperature control to CPU in the BIOS and have tried VOLT and PWR, the fans will spin faster in the BIOS at that time but then back to the previous speed in windows.

The fans will spin with system temps instead which is always around 30C.

They used to work correctly before the BIOS reset itself.

The motherboard is Gigabyte GA AB350M Gaming 3

This bios resetting itself bothers me.  Might have reverted to original stock bios.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

32 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

This bios resetting itself bothers me.  Might have reverted to original stock bios.

No it's still the same version, only the custom settings changed.

5 hours ago, Syaoran said:

No it's still the same version, only the custom settings changed.

And the case fans plugged into motherboard case fan ports? 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

And the case fans plugged into motherboard case fan ports? 

yupp

Got to ask.  You never know what people might do.

This could be a UFEI thing. bios is just a front end for UFEI more or less these days.  Your mobo has dual bios and a couple of oddities I don’t know much about called “cloud station” and “eztune” which are apparently in something else called “app center”. There may be answers in those.  They are motherboard specific and may operate between the bios and the OS.

If there is nothing in those it’s not impossible windows may be overriding the bios settings and placing the the case fan settings as system, or the UFEI may not be talking to bios anymore.  This would be an indication that something bad happened when you bios reset spontaneously.  That bit still bothers me.  It’s not impossible that your machine is using the backup bios rather than the one you are reading to actually set things.  Flashing you bios again with the settings you want may help.  Get both of them maybe.

You could try setting them at a higher level than bios.  I don’t know enough about win 10 to say exactly where such a thing could be done though :/  sorry.