Hello critique my new build please

madaaron

Hello,

The last time I built a personal pc for myself was 2013. Ive gotten the ok from the wife for tax time refund to build a new one. FINALLY!!! lol

Ive done quite a bit of back and forth on this one and am up for discussion about it

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/madaaron/saved/s8fQqs

The reason a price is not listed for the 2070 is because I already own that card from last tax refund

16 minutes ago, madaaron said:

Hello,

The build looks good but overpriced especially if it's for gaming.

Thanks Plouffe, I am going to be using it for other things as well. I like to run VM's and do video editing as well. I have lots of need for video editing and encoding and I want to be able to use this machine for quite some time like my current setup that has lasted so long.

9 minutes ago, madaaron said:

Thanks Plouffe, I am going to be using it for other things as well. I like to run VM's and do video editing as well. I have lots of need for video editing and encoding and I want to be able to use this machine for quite some time like my current setup that has lasted so long.

Then the 3950x is a good choice, though you can have an as good NVMe like the Corsair MP510, HP 920EX and Adata SX8200 Pro. You can also consider a 4 gen NVMe since you have a x570.

Don't forget to quote me so I can see your answer :)