New Headphone + DAC/AMP

Drizzeh

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums so if I'm doing something wrong, let me know! 

Up untill this point I've always had headsets (sound + microhpone) from vendors such as Steelseries and Razer (atm I have a Razer Carcharias) and what these all have in common (at least for me) is that at some point they all stop working properly, the issue for me has always been the Volume buttons (wheel-type). At some point they just stop working properly and I have to fiddle way to much to get sound from both sides and at the same time not have any distortion (like old tv static soundish). I've tried "repairing" them by following some online guides but they don't work that well unfortunately.

So I've come to a point where I have to replace my current headset again and I'm doing some research but need some guidance, hence I've come here. 
Currently my headset (sound) + speakers are connected straight to my motherboard via a 3,5mm splitter cable (probably less than ideal as this affects each others output volume unless I use only one or the other, I'm forgetful)

My usage: Gaming, Movies, Music (mostly from YT but could start looking into spotify premium or lossless audio formats) and voice chat like Discord etc.

For sound I've been looking into the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm and Sennheiser HD 600, no idea if one is better than the other but the price of the HD 600 is for sure hefty, although I don't mind spending some cash on a really good pair since they will probably last me a really long time. Any other recommendations at both price points or anywhere in between or lower but prefferably not higher than the HD 600?
I would pair this with a dac/amp combo like the FiiO E10K or Schitt Fulla 3, don't know the differences here either or if the more expensive one is better? Also can I hook up both sound sources at the same time to any of these?
The Fulla seems to also have a microphone support compared to the FiiO, if that even matters.
And then finaly I'd combine that with a microphone, like AntLion ModMic V4 or some standalone like the Rode NT. 

OR should I just ignore all of the above and just buy another headset like I've always been doing like the Sennheiser G4ME One and be done with it. (and pray the volume button doesn't crap out on me again)
What are your thoughts and/or recommendations.

17 minutes ago, Drizzeh said:

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums so if I'm doing something wrong, let me know! 

Up untill this point I've always had headsets (sound + microhpone) from vendors such as Steelseries and Razer (atm I have a Razer Carcharias) and what these all have in common (at least for me) is that at some point they all stop working properly, the issue for me has always been the Volume buttons (wheel-type). At some point they just stop working properly and I have to fiddle way to much to get sound from both sides and at the same time not have any distortion (like old tv static soundish). I've tried "repairing" them by following some online guides but they don't work that well unfortunately.

So I've come to a point where I have to replace my current headset again and I'm doing some research but need some guidance, hence I've come here. 
Currently my headset (sound) + speakers are connected straight to my motherboard via a 3,5mm splitter cable (probably less than ideal as this affects each others output volume unless I use only one or the other, I'm forgetful)

My usage: Gaming, Movies, Music (mostly from YT but could start looking into spotify premium or lossless audio formats) and voice chat like Discord etc.

For sound I've been looking into the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm and Sennheiser HD 600, no idea if one is better than the other but the price of the HD 600 is for sure hefty, although I don't mind spending some cash on a really good pair since they will probably last me a really long time. Any other recommendations at both price points or anywhere in between or lower but prefferably not higher than the HD 600?
I would pair this with a dac/amp combo like the FiiO E10K or Schitt Fulla 3, don't know the differences here either or if the more expensive one is better? Also can I hook up both sound sources at the same time to any of these?
The Fulla seems to also have a microphone support compared to the FiiO, if that even matters.
And then finaly I'd combine that with a microphone, like AntLion ModMic V4 or some standalone like the Rode NT. 

OR should I just ignore all of the above and just buy another headset like I've always been doing like the Sennheiser G4ME One and be done with it. (and pray the volume button doesn't crap out on me again)
What are your thoughts and/or recommendations.

tje 600 is not good for gaming like at all I would take it off any reccomendations list for gaming or for most people as most would find it boring. if you need a mic input go for the fulla 3 or hel. I like my 990 but may be too sharp for you as it's treble is rather focused and boosted. iif you want sopmething simialr that is more enjoyable for most people the dt 880 is a better choice IMO.  other alternatives are the HE 4xx, HD 58x, DT 770, Hd 599, audioquest nighthawk

21 hours ago, rice guru said:

tje 600 is not good for gaming like at all I would take it off any reccomendations list for gaming or for most people as most would find it boring. if you need a mic input go for the fulla 3 or hel. I like my 990 but may be too sharp for you as it's treble is rather focused and boosted. iif you want sopmething simialr that is more enjoyable for most people the dt 880 is a better choice IMO.  other alternatives are the HE 4xx, HD 58x, DT 770, Hd 599, audioquest nighthawk

Much homework to do, the dt 880 already has several different versions already. The hel is also quite a bit more expensive than the fulla 3 but may be worth it, lot's to think about.

I will look into them all, read reviews and weigh my options and make up my mind OR get back here with some more questions.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, Drizzeh said:

Much homework to do, the dt 880 already has several different versions already. The hel is also quite a bit more expensive than the fulla 3 but may be worth it, lot's to think about.

I will look into them all, read reviews and weigh my options and make up my mind OR get back here with some more questions.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

I personally think the fiio k5 pro if you can find it in stock to be better than fulla 3. but it has no mic support. but to get around this I use a USB mic

25 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I personally think the fiio k5 pro if you can find it in stock to be better than fulla 3. but it has no mic support. but to get around this I use a USB mic

Can't find the fiio k5 pro in stock. And mic support isn't a must on the dac/amp I always have either usb or just the 3,5mm port on the motherboard, that should do well enough.
I saw you recommending the yeti snowball, I was also looking into the Samson G-Track Pro. My issue with these is probably if I'll be able to comfortably fit them on my desk, I'd want to place it between my keyboard and monitor which is probably a distance of 40cm give or take, dunno if these mics would still pickup my voice as I'm a bit of a silent talker.

1 minute ago, Drizzeh said:

Can't find the fiio k5 pro in stock. And mic support isn't a must on the dac/amp I always have either usb or just the 3,5mm port on the motherboard, that should do well enough.
I saw you recommending the yeti snowball, I was also looking into the Samson G-Track Pro. My issue with these is probably if I'll be able to comfortably fit them on my desk, I'd want to place it between my keyboard and monitor which is probably a distance of 40cm give or take, dunno if these mics would still pickup my voice as I'm a bit of a silent talker.

the snowball shoud pick up your voice fine its a condenser mic so its rather sensitive

2 minutes ago, Drizzeh said:

the fulla 3 should be fine for the most part as long as your getting a 250 ohm model or lower.