computer wakes it self up from hibernation

Yatys 93

anyone else have this issue? currently have a very long encoding queue going and have been having to switch the pc off at the wall to stop it firing up a couple hours later, does it all by its self, got back in from work today to find it powered on and waiting for me to log on.

This sounds more like the computer is going to sleep rather than hibernating, as hibernating basically shuts everything down.

If you're using Windows, you can see what caused it to wake up by going to Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System and finding the power on event. It should tell you the reason why it turned on.

Cats waltzing on the keyboard\mouse, earthquake ever so slight with sensitive mouse, WIndows being Windows.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

This sounds more like the computer is going to sleep rather than hibernating, as hibernating basically shuts everything down.

If you're using Windows, you can see what caused it to wake up by going to Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System and finding the power on event. It should tell you the reason why it turned on.

so the event viewer has a kernel-power log this morning after I left for work, only thing it says is "user-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling setsuspendedstate or setsystempowerstate APIs

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Cats waltzing on the keyboard\mouse, earthquake ever so slight with sensitive mouse, WIndows being Windows.

I'm going with option 3 then, I don't own a cat and I live in the UK where we don't really have earth quakes and the mouse cost £6 from a supermarket so I refuse to accept its that good considering I need half a desk to use the thing, hence why it has been relegated to the old pc I use solely to re-encode things

1 minute ago, Yatys 93 said:

I'm going with option 3 then, I don't own a cat and I live in the UK where we don't really have earth quakes and the mouse cost £6 from a supermarket so I refuse to accept its that good considering I need half a desk to use the thing, hence why it has been relegated to the old pc I use solely to re-encode things

Then it's probably that Windows wakes it up to install updates midnight.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Can't hurt to check what devices are logged into your local network either

Just now, Juular said:

Then it's probably that Windows wakes it up to install updates midnight.

was 7 minutes past 10 this morning it work up

1 minute ago, Daeyve said:

Can't hurt to check what devices are logged into your local network either

only thing that was on and attached to the network is my NAS?

in the event logger there is went to sleep and resumed from sleep, so I'm guessing windows 10 does not hibernate nicely? both my PC's have done this but I very very rarely hibernate my gaming pc so ignored that, but this is happening daily if I don't disconnect the power and its starting to bug me

Hmm, from a diagnostics perspective, I have no idea. But I can tell you that if it were me, I'd change my wifi passwords and do a good modem reset just to be sure. 

Just now, Daeyve said:

Hmm, from a diagnostics perspective, I have no idea. But I can tell you that if it were me, I'd change my wifi passwords and do a good modem reset just to be sure. 

probably not a bad idea

34 minutes ago, valkko said:

If You have a nvidia graphics card is whorth to check if wake on lan is active in your nvidia control panel

not in that pc I don't