Upgrading PC Advice

Hi! I'm looking to upgrade my PC and I have a budget of around $1500-$2000AUD. Below are my current specs and what I am hoping to upgrade to. If I were to buy all of these upgrades, it would make it a bit above my budget so are any of these an overkill upgrade/ what should I prioritize? I will be using this PC for gaming and would like a high end build. What I have is fine at the moment but I am now able to upgrade and so would like to. 

Current | Potential Upgrade         

GPU GeForce GTX 1070 --> RTX 2070 Super Aorus 

CPU i7 6700 --> i7 9700K 

Monitor Acer gn246hl --> MSI Optix MPG27CQ2 QHD 144Hz Curved 27in

Motherboard MS-7978 --> ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E 

if you want you can probably get a 1440p 144Hz monitor 

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

anything but that

its the last intel chip without hyperthreading

But it works so great for gaming.. :c

On a serious note, it's pricing is a little high.. What would you suggest, 3700x?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Just now, DoctorNick said:

But it works so great for gaming.. :c

just prepare to see the largest degradation in value in a few yrs, while others catch up (including intel)

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

just prepare to see the largest degradation in value in a few yrs, while others catch up (including intel)

haha.. I got a great deal on it + motherboard and I don't worry.. Can't have the same setup for a long time anyways.. :) But yes I agree. There's better options, even today.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

9 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

anything but that

Sorry I'm a bit of a PC noob, what does hyperthreading mean? And do you have an alternative, or should I just stick with the i7 that I have already? 

3 minutes ago, Snak3yz said:

Sorry I'm a bit of a PC noob, what does hyperthreading mean? And do you have an alternative, or should I just stick with the i7 that I have already? 

tl;dr per core there is either 1 or 2 threads, and a task can either use the whole core or a just a thread. an optimized program like 90% of games can utilize more threads, meaning that it's like having 16 cores instead of 8. obvious over simplification but it's just basically the bees knees when it comes to multitasking.

edit: I noticed I forgot to mention that hyper threading is having 2 threads per core and not having it means 1 thread per core.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

with your current budget look at either the amd 5700xt for gpu if you want to save about $100 for similar performance, but if you can go up to the next tier, the 2080 super is a better option for gaming and pretty much everything else. ray tracing is sorta dead unless you get the 2080 ti imho.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

7 minutes ago, Snak3yz said:

like in the old days i5 vs i7, both have 4 core but i7 have hyperthreading , aka smt for amd, you can imagine it double the cores for easier understanding

(with only exception of 9700/k)

4 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

like in the old days i5 vs i7, both have 4 core but i7 have hyperthreading , aka smt for amd, you can imagine it double the cores for easier understanding

(with only exception of 9700/k)

So is the i7-6700 that I have at the moment not worth upgrading then? Or upgrade to a different one?

1 minute ago, Snak3yz said:

So is the i7-6700 that I have at the moment not worth upgrading then? Or upgrade to a different one?

you'd see a huge improvement upgrading just the gpu and leaving it at that, everything else could be left alone and you wouldn't see much a need to upgrade for another year or two. maybe save a little on the side for monitor though.

3 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

you'd see a huge improvement upgrading just the gpu and leaving it at that, everything else could be left alone and you wouldn't see much a need to upgrade for another year or two. maybe save a little on the side for monitor though.

That's what I was hoping to do, however the RTX 2070 requires a better motherboard than the one I have, and the monitor upgrade was to make the most of having the 2070. So the motherboard is a must-upgrade if I upgrade GPU, but yeah the monitor could wait. 

2 minutes ago, Snak3yz said:

That's what I was hoping to do, however the RTX 2070 requires a better motherboard than the one I have, and the monitor upgrade was to make the most of having the 2070. So the motherboard is a must-upgrade if I upgrade GPU, but yeah the monitor could wait. 

you don't need to upgrade mobo for the gpu, why would you assume that? the one you have is still good enough. I know people running 2080 ti on older intel 3rd gen systems

Just now, Jumballi said:

you don't need to upgrade mobo for the gpu, why would you assume that? the one you have is still good enough. I know people running 2080 ti on older intel 3rd gen systems

I thought I read that the motherboard I already have wouldn't be compatible with the newer GPU, perhaps it was just a suggestion though rather than a necessity. 

Just now, Snak3yz said:

I thought I read that the motherboard I already have wouldn't be compatible with the newer GPU, perhaps it was just a suggestion though rather than a necessity. 

no it's cpu, almost never gpu

3 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

I agree as long your running 1440p, you won't notice that much.

FS in Denmark/EU:

59 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

And it's so so so useful ......... LOL

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

The monitor is not worth the money it cost.

No IPS, no HDR10, no 10Bit, you can get all that (must features in our days) plus 4k with the same money.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.