e1r68x64.sys ndis.sys BSOD

TheAcunda
Go to solution Solved by TheAcunda,

So, I think I found the culprit. 

In case anyone else is experiencing the same problems/BSODs and you are using dLan adapters (from devolo), try uninstalling devolo cockpit. Even though this is no real driver and more of a monitoring/firmware updating software, it seemed to have a weird interaction with the Intel Lan drivers. Did not encounter any BSOD  after uninstalling and I played quite a bit of TFT during the holidays.

Hey everyone, 

I build my first computer two month ago. I had initial problems with the xmp profile not working and resetting my bios. So I did it manually with the ram calculator and it is currently running on 3500 instead of the 3600, which worked fine until a few days ago. (I am including this in case this could be relevant)

I get the same BSOD again and again. I updated the driver for my networking card multiple times, with and without uninstall. Did a "SFC /Scannow". Searched for ndis.sys and e1r68x64.sys BSODs on google but did not find an answer I could use to fix my problem. Only thing I have not done so far is reinstalling windows.

After the last BSOD I reset my ram to factory default speed and I am now waiting for the next bluescreen to see if the overclock may be problematic - not sure if this is an actual thing though. 

The BSOD I get is: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" probably caused by "e1r68x64.sys" & "ndis.sys".

I attachted the minidump files and system information like the BSOD Instructions told me to do. 

• OS - Win10 64bit
  • Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from a retailer? - 
  • Age of system (hardware) - ~1-2 month ago 
  • Age of OS installation - ~1-2 month ago
  • CPU model - 3900x
  • Video Card model - Gigabyte Windforce OC 2070 Super
  • MotherBoard -  Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
  • Power Supply - bequiet! 650w Straight Power 11

If anyone can help me with my problem I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ngrtck9bwyq2qa/Minidump.zip?dl=0

bump & update: it is not the ram, at least not the overclock I did.

I am only get the BSODs while playing  TFT and watching twitch/youtube. It is not all the time, somethimes it works fine, other times I get a bluescreen. Have not encountered the BSOD yet playing other games while watching videos/steaming etc.

Can anyone help me? ?

Sounds like a ram problem indeed. What speed is it on now? Did you check if your ram is on the qvl of the motherboard? check memtest if you haven't already (test 1 stick at a time)

thanks for the reply!

I have a corsair 3600 kit (CMK16GX4M2B3600C18). It is on the qvl list for my motherboard. After the xmp wasn't working and I had to overclock it by hand, I did a memtest for both sticks at once to test stability. Test threw no errors, but I did not test them individually yet. 

It is currently running on 3533mhz but I got a bluescreen on factory default speed, without xmp or anyhting special, as well. Gonna do the memtest again with one stick at a time and report back.

Okay, I have not checked the ram yet, because I am not home during the christmas holidays. BUT I have my old computer at my parents place and I never had any problems whatsoever with this machine. 10min ago I encounter the same error like on my new computer when playing TFT with a browser/video in the background. 

Both computer have Intel Gigabit Lan, WD Black HDD & a Nvidia card, rest is different. And I am using the same mouse and keyboard though (don't think this matters). I hardly doubt that it is the RAMs fault at this point. It's either something with the intel driver itself in combination with the game, only the game or a weird interaction with my browser.

I don't know what the hell is going on or where to search for a possible fix. 

1 hour ago, TheAcunda said:

Okay, I have not checked the ram yet, because I am not home during the christmas holidays. BUT I have my old computer at my parents place and I never had any problems whatsoever with this machine. 10min ago I encounter the same error like on my new computer when playing TFT with a browser/video in the background. 

Both computer have Intel Gigabit Lan, WD Black HDD & a Nvidia card, rest is different. And I am using the same mouse and keyboard though (don't think this matters). I hardly doubt that it is the RAMs fault at this point. It's either something with the intel driver itself in combination with the game, only the game or a weird interaction with my browser.

I don't know what the hell is going on or where to search for a possible fix. 

Razer keyboard/mouse?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

2 minutes ago, TheAcunda said:

yes, naga chroma and blackwidow chroma

Most google searches point to Razer Synapse causing issues, I didn't bother reading much into a fix however.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

hm, interesting. I did quite a bit of research on the few things I could get from the logs, but have not seen anything razer related. Will look into it ofc, thanks for pointing it out. Still weird that it only happens with one game.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I think I found the culprit. 

In case anyone else is experiencing the same problems/BSODs and you are using dLan adapters (from devolo), try uninstalling devolo cockpit. Even though this is no real driver and more of a monitoring/firmware updating software, it seemed to have a weird interaction with the Intel Lan drivers. Did not encounter any BSOD  after uninstalling and I played quite a bit of TFT during the holidays.