My pc wont post at all

cl_handsomeboi 1
Go to solution Solved by cl_handsomeboi 1,
50 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

So it doesn't start even with a new motherboard? WOW! If you have used good and working parts then the MOBO is not the problem, but did you really make sure that the new MOBO worked before installing? And I also guess that the operating system got corrupted but I I wll let that for later, for the moment just connect the RAM, the CPU, the PSU and the monitor to the MOBO, if you cannot even access BIOS in this way your problem could be that both MOBOs are not operational or that the RAM modules are broken, try one module at a time if you have 2 or try with known-working RAM modules and see if that makes a diference. Should we be able to bypass this problem then try a different storage device empty and try to reinstall Windows.

The maximus 2 gene is the new mobo, the mobo before was an asus p5q deluxe. This was an old pc, when I bought a new case and a new hard drive to install a new copy of windows 10, it booted up just fine. Going into windows, real smooth. After a few days, it started to not post. I tried reinstalling the ram and it booted up fine first try. After a few more days reinstalling the ram doesnt seem to fix the problem so I changed the mobo to the one I am using rn. It booted up fine. But last week, it started to not post again. I tried reinstalling the ram, didn't work. I had to turn it on and off for like 10-20 times until it successfully got into the bios. I thought the problem came from the CMOS battery which fell of the day that the pc stopped posting but after I soldered it back on, it still won't post. I tried changing the GPU to another GPU, didnt work. Tried using less ram, using 2 slots only instead of all 4 slots, still won't post. After all of that, my friend said to check the cpu, and i did. One of the gold contacts on the cpu was brown, turned out that it was from a dent in the cpu socket, but the dent was alrd there since I bought the mobo. So I got a second cpu, which is still the same cpu, didnt work either. At the time of writing this, the problem still occurs. 

I hav a pc. It won't post. 

Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

Ram: All kingston 2gb ddr2 667mhz

Gpu: XFX Radeon HS 6850

Mobo: ROG Maximus 2 Gene 

HDD: Seagate 2Tb

My pc just wont post every time I boot up the pc. It has power, every fan is spinning, but nothing pops up on the screen. I tried changing motherboards but still didnt work. Any help? 

So it doesn't start even with a new motherboard? WOW! If you have used good and working parts then the MOBO is not the problem, but did you really make sure that the new MOBO worked before installing? And I also guess that the operating system got corrupted but I I wll let that for later, for the moment just connect the RAM, the CPU, the PSU and the monitor to the MOBO, if you cannot even access BIOS in this way your problem could be that both MOBOs are not operational or that the RAM modules are broken, try one module at a time if you have 2 or try with known-working RAM modules and see if that makes a diference. Should we be able to bypass this problem then try a different storage device empty and try to reinstall Windows.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

50 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

The maximus 2 gene is the new mobo, the mobo before was an asus p5q deluxe. This was an old pc, when I bought a new case and a new hard drive to install a new copy of windows 10, it booted up just fine. Going into windows, real smooth. After a few days, it started to not post. I tried reinstalling the ram and it booted up fine first try. After a few more days reinstalling the ram doesnt seem to fix the problem so I changed the mobo to the one I am using rn. It booted up fine. But last week, it started to not post again. I tried reinstalling the ram, didn't work. I had to turn it on and off for like 10-20 times until it successfully got into the bios. I thought the problem came from the CMOS battery which fell of the day that the pc stopped posting but after I soldered it back on, it still won't post. I tried changing the GPU to another GPU, didnt work. Tried using less ram, using 2 slots only instead of all 4 slots, still won't post. After all of that, my friend said to check the cpu, and i did. One of the gold contacts on the cpu was brown, turned out that it was from a dent in the cpu socket, but the dent was alrd there since I bought the mobo. So I got a second cpu, which is still the same cpu, didnt work either. At the time of writing this, the problem still occurs.