2nd hand psu?

Whiro

Just want to know opinion from you guys about getting 2nd hand psu? I found some Seasonic X 660 for decent price and was wondering how bad it could get with this kind of purchase 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Nope. Even though it's good PSU and IIRC Seasonic warranty are transferable it's really not a good idea to buy used PSU.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

That’s what I thought, just wanted to confirm. Thx buddy 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

PSU's and storage devices those two things in a PC I would not recommend getting second hand (and case fans is maybe the third thing).

Together with warranty stuff, the previous owner could have done something wrong with it that isn't obvious at first.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

37 minutes ago, minibois said:

PSU's and storage devices those two things in a PC I would not recommend getting second hand (and case fans is maybe the third thing).

Together with warranty stuff, the previous owner could have done something wrong with it that isn't obvious at first.

And GPUs, and motherboard and CPU ... So only a case and RAM (it's fast to check at least) then lol ?

3 minutes ago, Juular said:

And GPUs, and motherboard and CPU ... So only a case and RAM (it's fast to check at least) then lol ?

From experience these parts are quite a bit more reliable and easy to test.

But you're always taking a risk buying second hand, just more risk with a PSU or storage devices (and case fans second hand will just not save a lot of money for the risk involved)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

From experience these parts are quite a bit more reliable and easy to test.

But you're always taking a risk buying second hand, just more risk with a PSU or storage devices (and case fans second hand will just not save a lot of money for the risk involved)

Dunno, storage devices are quite easy to test, just check it's SMART and do some benchmarks. Motherboard, GPU & CPU on the other hand may have some stability issue that's prominent only in very specific conditions.

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Dunno, storage devices are quite easy to test, just check it's SMART and do some benchmarks. Motherboard, GPU & CPU on the other hand may have some stability issue that's prominent only in very specific conditions.

With storage devices the risk in my opinion is more in using a device other people have already placed their info on.

Plus SMART doesn't detect anything in a hard drive, like certain physical damage things or people taking apart their devices.

5 minutes ago, minibois said:

Plus SMART doesn't detect anything in a hard drive, like certain physical damage things or people taking apart their devices.

Depends on the drive, my Seagate Exos has quite a lot of different readings, i'm sure smth will showup if i'll try to open it outside of clean room. But yeah, i see where you're going. But buying used SSDs are okay if we put aside concerns for possibly illegal data stored on it by previous owner.