Super disappointed please help

Nestor95
8 minutes ago, Nestor95 said:

I ran the windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 and both showed no issues I put screen shots of the results. I also updated my bios to the current one. I deleted the old save file and installed it fresh. Also in the photo is a screen shot of the Manuel and to my understanding I don't think it has any difference to what slot the ram should go. I'm still crashing in the same games. I'll switch the ram placements from 2 and 4 to 1 and 3.

Hmm ok, so the memory doesn't seem bad based on that.  If Bios is on F11 that's good.  You are right the mobo doesn't seem to care too bad if 1st mem slot is used so long as you don't install both sticks next to each other, you can do A1 and B1     or     A2 and B2.  Well this is getting trickier.

The only other random thought I have is downclocking the ram or loosening-up the timings just to see if running at a slower speed makes it happier, since you noted when taking XMP profile off it seemed to get better.  This is very odd still.

1 hour ago, LogicWeasel said:

Hmm ok, so the memory doesn't seem bad based on that.  If Bios is on F11 that's good.  You are right the mobo doesn't seem to care too bad if 1st mem slot is used so long as you don't install both sticks next to each other, you can do A1 and B1     or     A2 and B2.  Well this is getting trickier.

The only other random thought I have is downclocking the ram or loosening-up the timings just to see if running at a slower speed makes it happier, since you noted when taking XMP profile off it seemed to get better.  This is very odd still.

I'm doing a complete wipe and installing windows fresh. The ram is at 2133 mhz(without xmp), should I try and lower even further. 

1 hour ago, LogicWeasel said:

loosening-up the timings just to see if running at a slower speed

I don't know how to do that, but I'll try.

I've monitored the temps of the cpu and it doesn't get hot to the point where its damaging at least. when playing fortnite a medium load i would say the temps are good should i run a cpu stress test and see if that might be a problem?

7 hours ago, LogicWeasel said:

Its not that odd the XMP settings are optimized for Intel and is advertised as such. The kit will have a hard time being stable at advertised speeds on a Ryzen platform.

The RAM is not bad just not intended for this system.

I'm sure that you ran the memtest while the XMP was off, if you ran it while XMP is on you will see errors.(Also do more than a 7 minute pass you play games longer than that)

I'm doing a complete wipe and installing windows fresh. The ram is at 2133 mhz(without xmp), should I try and lower even further

I'm pretty sure this is not a windows issue.

Logic weasel is saying to manually set the clock setting for the ram in the bios, by going less than 3200mhz, but higher than 2133,

Ryzen really does need faster ram for the infinity fabric though .

Tuning your ram can take some time, I spent 27 hours trying to tune intel ram on my threadripper and even then I wasn't successful.

In my opinion you have 3 options, run the ram stock at 2133, get a ram kit that is suited for Ryzen, or try to tune your RAM kit(Which can be very stressful if you dont know what to do) 

The QVL for ram is below, your kit is on it, but information is missing and makes me believe they couldn't get it working. Also at the bottom of it state you should use a2 and b2

mb_memory_x570-aorus-master_matisse_190812.pdf

16 hours ago, FatherChaos said:

Its not that odd the XMP settings are optimized for Intel and is advertised as such. The kit will have a hard time being stable at advertised speeds on a Ryzen platform.

The RAM is not bad just not intended for this system.

I'm sure that you ran the memtest while the XMP was off, if you ran it while XMP is on you will see errors.(Also do more than a 7 minute pass you play games longer than that)

I'm pretty sure this is not a windows issue.

Logic weasel is saying to manually set the clock setting for the ram in the bios, by going less than 3200mhz, but higher than 2133,

Ryzen really does need faster ram for the infinity fabric though .

Tuning your ram can take some time, I spent 27 hours trying to tune intel ram on my threadripper and even then I wasn't successful.

In my opinion you have 3 options, run the ram stock at 2133, get a ram kit that is suited for Ryzen, or try to tune your RAM kit(Which can be very stressful if you dont know what to do) 

The QVL for ram is below, your kit is on it, but information is missing and makes me believe they couldn't get it working. Also at the bottom of it state you should use a2 and b2

mb_memory_x570-aorus-master_matisse_190812.pdf 209.57 kB · 1 download

I'm running the ram at stock speed 2133. I have not changed the speed. I played fortnite for 4 hours and it worked perfectly, but other games can't get past a certain point they crash after 5 minutes. Im able to go through the opening cinamatics but crash as I begin playing. It doesn't let me get past a certain point. I mean that the time it crashes is arbitrary there isn't really a specified time. I've ran the games in safe mode as windows recommended as it has a prompt that says the game didn't close properly. It plays in windowed and lowest settings. I've tried compatibility mode(windows 8 only). I've tried running the game as administrator. 

I tried maybe changing the orientation of the ram to see if maybe it was the slot. The problems still happen. There are videos where the person states a "fix" for the game and still it doesn't work(different settings or reinstalling things).

1 hour ago, Nestor95 said:

I'm running the ram at stock speed 2133. I have not changed the speed. I played fortnite for 4 hours and it worked perfectly, but other games can't get past a certain point they crash after 5 minutes. Im able to go through the opening cinamatics but crash as I begin playing. It doesn't let me get past a certain point. I mean that the time it crashes is arbitrary there isn't really a specified time. I've ran the games in safe mode as windows recommended as it has a prompt that says the game didn't close properly. It plays in windowed and lowest settings. I've tried compatibility mode(windows 8 only). I've tried running the game as administrator. 

I tried maybe changing the orientation of the ram to see if maybe it was the slot. The problems still happen. There are videos where the person states a "fix" for the game and still it doesn't work(different settings or reinstalling things).

There is no doubting this problem is stupid pesky.  I would agree with trying with creating from scratch windows 10 reload media (fresh download to a formatted flash drive) and reinstalling the OS.  Hopefully that'll help.