2 routers 1 network

ReHaNTHEREAL

Is there a way to have my network relayed to another router so that I could extend my WiFi and get additional Ethernet ports?

Primary router: Huawei B310

Secondary router: ZTE ZXV10 W300 ( I want to use 2, but 1 is also okay)

Thanks in advance!

Setup AP on one router, connect to it on the second one. But you likely will not be able to enable AP on the second router unless it has multiple radios. Another possiblity is mesh network but i'm not very adept in it and have no idea if these routers support it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

Setup AP on one router, connect to it on the second one. But you likely will not be able to enable AP on the second router unless it has multiple radios. Another possiblity is mesh network but i'm not very adept in it and have no idea if these routers support it.

Sorry I also don't know much about networking.

What is set up AP?

I know my secondary router doesn't have a standalone AP mode.

2 hours ago, ReHaNTHEREAL said:

Sorry I also don't know much about networking.

What is set up AP?

I know my secondary router doesn't have a standalone AP mode.

AP = Access Point. That would make 2nd router act more like passthrough. For just wifi you can get range extenders.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

18 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

AP = Access Point. That would make 2nd router act more like passthrough. For just wifi you can get range extenders.

So in all the tutorials I saw, the secondary router created another SSID.

Is there a way to simply extend 1 SSID instead of a new one?

21 hours ago, ReHaNTHEREAL said:

Is there a way to have my network relayed to another router so that I could extend my WiFi and get additional Ethernet ports?

Primary router: Huawei B310

Secondary router: ZTE ZXV10 W300 ( I want to use 2, but 1 is also okay)

Thanks in advance!

Here is what you do.

You have one router as the primary. You let it handle DHCP,DNS, and Firewall. On the second router you will disable those features and also set a static IP address that is on the same segment as the other router.

Now if you connection to the network wirelessly you will need to set it up as a wireless bridge. Which means joining the other wifi network and allowing it to rebroadcast. That will give you more range for wifi and allow a connection via the lan ports.

Now if you are going to connect the router via a wire... Then do not connect It to the wan port on the second router, but via one of the lan ports. This will allow the wifi on the second router to still function as well as the remaining lan ports.

Another options that is normally much easier is to just buy a simple wifi repeater with a ethernet port and use that to connect to a single device or a switch to extended things.

So something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Extender-Internet-Signal-Booster/dp/B07YH38134/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?hvadid=78546473910066&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&keywords=wireless+extender+with+ethernet+port&qid=1575733290&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFMWDg5VDE1TUI3TkwmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAwNzg4ODAzVjhPMFcyTUFTTUpaJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTEwNDE3NTIyWDJPUkRKVVhWS0JLJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

or you can get one like this 

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-PowerLINE-1000-802-11ac-Gigabit/dp/B01929V7ZG/ref=sr_1_5?hvadid=78546473910066&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&keywords=wireless+extender+with+ethernet+port&qid=1575733361&sr=8-5

which uses powerline with wifi on the other end... it can actually be a better option if your internal wiring in the house is good.

On a separate note I have a brand new never opened r7300 DST with the included powerline extender. Think it was like 250 new when it came out, but if interested I will part with it for like $70. I literally have no use for it lol.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

On a separate note I have a brand new never opened r7000 with the included powerline extender. Think it was like 250 new when it came out, but if interested I will part with it for like $70. I literally have no use for it lol.

Is it the router?

Not sure whether sales are allowed on this sub forum

22 minutes ago, ReHaNTHEREAL said:

What should I put to this field?image.thumb.png.d1d2f9e07a46635da2304824293961bf.png

Is this the second router? If this is the second router you need to give it a static IP address on your current network, you also need to make sure you specify the correct mask.

Now for the gateway section that is going to be the IP address of the primary router. So the router that is directly connect to the modem/ISP is the one that you use as your gateway.

So for example if you are on a network that is a 192.168.0.x with 255.255.255.0 subnet

Then your static Ip for that router should be one that is NOT currently used in the 192.168.0.2-254 range. Your subnet mask would be the 255.255.255.0

Lastly if the above was your network layout then 192.168.0.1 would be the gateway IP address.

Hope that helps. Also if that is the second router you might need to be in bridge mode