How to chose a charging cable

BonesLTD

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, nice to be a part of LTT forums ?

I have an issue, and came here for some help. I bought an oukitel smartphone with 10,000 mAh battery few months earlier, and already micro usb c cable broke. Charger (the head) still works. Charger is, as i understand 5v 6a. But when I try to charge with a standart cable, it charges slower than with, the broken now, original one. It used to charge all 10,000 mAh battery in max 2 hours. With a simple cable only half of battery is charged in more that 2 hours...

What cable should I purchase so that it charges fast again? Should I search for a cable that is 5v 6a capable or something? I don't really understand this part, not much information about cables i can find, also I do not really understand differences in cables ?

P.S. English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes i could have made.

4 minutes ago, BonesLTD said:

What cable should I purchase so that it charges fast again?

Find a cable that has been rated for 100W. Baseus, Deltaco etc. are rather popular brands and don't cost much.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

49 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Proprietary fast charging features exists. Many of which require proprietary cables.

I'm not aware of a single USB fast-charging protocol that did require non-standard USB-cables.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, huilun02 said:

Oppo VOOC, Oneplus Dash Charge, detractions, and moving goalposts

Those all work with standard USB-cables.

Just now, huilun02 said:

And? Those are, like I said, standard cables.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

And yes I have a Oneplus phone to verify for myself

So do I; works perfectly well with any standard cable that has been rated for 18W or higher. The USB-standards do define cables up to 100W, just like I've been saying several times now. The charging-protocol is often proprietary, yes, but the cables aren't.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 3:14 PM, huilun02 said:

Proprietary fast charging features exists. Many of which require proprietary cables.

Does you phone support one of these fast charging methods? We don't know because "Oukitel" is a brand and not a phone model.

It's an Oukitel k12

On 1/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, huilun02 said:

Your best bet is probably a 22AWG usb charging cable. Your phone does not appear to support any fast charge methods like Qualcomm Quick Charge. But that does not mean it can't charge quickly. 22AWG will ensure a thick copper core in the cable to allow as much current to pass through it as possible.

Thank you.