Dead/Stuck pixel on new benq xl2411p

Edvinukas
Go to solution Solved by PorkishPig,

If you are within the 30 day return period, Amazon will take back the monitor regardless of manufacturer warranty.

So i recently brought a new Benq XL2411P monitor and it seems to have a dead/stuck pixel on the panel. Im not super sure if this is covered by the manufacturers guarantee, and if it is should i try get it replaced, or should i just refund it back to amazon? If anyone could help/advise me that would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20191203_220225.jpg

IMG_20191203_220231.jpg

Dead pixels are a hard one.  If there’s a no dead pixel guarantee in the warranty then you have a warranty claim.  Very often though there’s a minimum number of of dead pixels and it’s likely to be greater than 1.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Dead pixels are a hard one.  If there’s a no dead pixel guarantee in the warranty then you have a warranty claim.  Very often though there’s a minimum number of of dead pixels and it’s likely to be greater than 1.

alright ill check the guarantee and see if i can get a warranty claim

Just now, TechyBen said:

Yeah, I got a stuck subpixel (green) on my new Asus 144hz panel... I cry inside. :(

oh no, well me too now do you know any way of possibly fixing it?

1 minute ago, Edvinukas said:

Most don't actually work unless it's very very minor damage/dents.

If you are within the 30 day return period, Amazon will take back the monitor regardless of manufacturer warranty.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

Just now, Edvinukas said:

Home remedy pixel fixing is notoriously unreliable and has to do entirely with exactly how the panel is made.  Various tricks can, but usually don’t, work with various kinds of panels, and for some kinds of panels there are no tricks at all.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, TechyBen said:

Most don't actually work unless it's very very minor damage/dents.

guess if anything ill have to live with it then, :(

Just now, Homeless Pineapple said:

i guess i might just have to return it and get a new one then

1 minute ago, Edvinukas said:

guess if anything ill have to live with it then, :(

Depends.  How long ago did you buy it and from where?  If it’s within the “free” return window just take it back.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Depends.  How long ago did you buy it and from where?  If it’s within the “free” return window just take it back.

its been about a week, so ill just try the fixes and if they dont work ill just send the monitor back and buy a new one after.

Just now, Edvinukas said:

its been about a week, so ill just try the fixes and if they dont work ill just send the monitor back and buy a new one after.

For fixes you need to know exactly what panel it is.  It will be made by someone other than benq.  Benq started as a company that bought ax fail panels from Samsung and LG and built them into cheaper monitors.  They may still be doing it.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

For fixes you need to know exactly what panel it is.  It will be made by someone other than benq.  Benq started as a company that bought ax fail panels from Samsung and LG and built them into cheaper monitors.  They may still be doing it.

Alright, Thank you.