[US] Walmart EVOO Gaming laptops

genexis_x

Walmart gaming laptops are back again. Selling ridiculously cheap like their OverPowered laptops last time

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laptop-FHD-GTX-Windows-Black-Intel-Nvidia-Display-i7-9750H-16GB-Tuned-10-THX-Memory-Home-144Hz-9th-SSD-512GB-Gen-Spatial-Audio-Gaming-15-1660Ti/685182150

$799 you'll get i7-9750H, GTX1660Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 144Hz. Based on Tongfang GK5-X chassis which is probably the lightest 1660Ti gaming laptop you can get. Surprisingly decent cooling.

Want 17 inch?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Laptop-FHD-Windows-Black-Intel-Nvidia-Display-i7-9750H-RTX-16GB-Tuned-1TB-10-2060-THX-Memory-Home-144Hz-9th-SSD-Gen-Spatial-17-Audio-Gaming/163944363

$999 you'll get  i7-9750H, RTX2060, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 144Hz. Based on Tongfang GK7-S chassis which is solid

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Does EVOO provide any custom software like other manufacturers do. I didn't find any mention in their website.

9 minutes ago, Rainu said:

Does EVOO provide any custom software like other manufacturers do

You can use drivers from other resllers that sell the same laptop

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

How do you know it's a Tongfang GK7-S chassis?
How can I find out more information about the chassis?

Any idea if there is room for extra storage?
Edit: Any idea about the battery/battery life?

Please and thank you!!!

2 hours ago, Tyfoods said:

How do you know it's a Tongfang GK7-S chassis?
How can I find out more information about the chassis?

Because I know laptops

You can refer to my review here: Illegear Selenite

2 hours ago, Tyfoods said:

Any idea if there is room for extra storage?
Edit: Any idea about the battery/battery life?

x1 2.5 inch bay and x2 M.2 slots

Probably comes with the default 46Wh battery so expect 3 hrs most

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

I'm really considering getting this over a more expensive laptop like the Dell XPS 15. Is it worth the savings? Or am I getting something that might not last even half as long?

44 minutes ago, Andrewf said:

I'm really considering getting this over a more expensive laptop like the Dell XPS 15. Is it worth the savings? Or am I getting something that might not last even half as long?

So I was in the same boat as you, I ended up getting the added protection I believe for 3 years it is something like 79 dollars. Honestly don't think it's a bad laptop from the reviews people have made but worst case scenario if you find something questionable with the build quality or you don't really like it you can always return it. If this were direct from their website, that's where I would get a lot more apprehensive but I trust buying from a large enough business, plus the added protection plan that includes accidentals. 

19 minutes ago, Smokexz said:

So I was in the same boat as you, I ended up getting the added protection I believe for 3 years it is something like 79 dollars. if you find something questionable with the build quality or you don't really like it you can always return it. plus the added protection plan that includes accidentals. 

That's a really good idea! I hadn't thought about that! I think you just helped me pick out a laptop!

• 2 weeks later...

I got one. It's like 1.5hr web surfing. What is the part number for 63wh battery. Please help