Can't install windows to SSD

ShogunZ
Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

Didn't work either. It just displays the error at random percentages. I've also tried installing it from a usb, and will keep trying damnit.

using what to install OS? ODD or USB?

also, in your UEFI/BIOS is this a RAID array or single HDD?

if single move HDD SATA cable to another usable port (consult mobo manual for usable port)

Hi,

So I've gotten a new computer and formatted my SSD to re-install windows on it. Whenever I try to install windows 7, at a random install percentage, I get an error.

0x8007045D

I've installed windows to my normal HDD and it worked normally. I can see my SSD in windows and can transfer files to it, so it's not broken. The windows disk is a legit version. I've been at it for hours now and can't get it done. Any suggestions?

Specs:

fx 8350

r9 290

990x asus motherboard

HDD

SSD samsung

i5 4570 l MSI N660 TF 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 l 6GB 1333Mhz Ram l Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 l Zalman Z9 Plus ATX/mATX Case l 1TB HDD 7200 RPM l Asus N10 Wireless adapter PCIE Express card

try to boot up in command prompt and use diskpart to clean the ssd. Create a new partition on it and your good to go. That wat did it for me when i had problems installing windows on my ssd (works for all hdd) before.

Try putting the windows files on a flash drive and installing using that. sometimes using a disc can cause issues.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

try to boot up in command prompt and use diskpart to clean the ssd. Create a new partition on it and your good to go. That wat did it for me when i had problems installing windows on my ssd (works for all hdd) before.

Do I make a partition with commands or when installing windows? I don't know if there's any difference. I'm currently using a back up program to transfer windows from my hdd to my ssd. I'll try this next if it doesn't work out.

with the windows installer you can make a new volume when u install windows. It's under station options.

Do I make a partition with commands or when installing windows? I don't know if there's any difference. I'm currently using a back up program to transfer windows from my hdd to my ssd. I'll try this next if it doesn't work out.

Yup, you can do it when installing Windows. It's the same thing. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

The diskpart didn't work. I get the same error after like 3%. I just don't understand why it refuses to install.

The diskpart didn't work. I get the same error after like 3%. I just don't understand why it refuses to install.

i had same issue with no detection to incomplete, but using above solution plus:

type: diskpart

type: list disk

type:select disk

select SSD

type: clean

type: create partition primary align=1024

type: format quick fs=ntfs

all errors and detection issues disappeared, plus the 100MB reserve partition was not created

source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds/0_30

i had same issue with no detection to incomplete, but using above solution plus:

type: diskpart

type: list disk

type:select disk

select SSD

type: clean

type: create partition primary align=1024

type: format quick fs=ntfs

all errors and detection issues disappeared, plus the 100MB reserve partition was not created

source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-optimization-guide-for-ssds-hdds/0_30

Didn't work either. It just displays the error at random percentages. I've also tried installing it from a usb, and will keep trying damnit.

if single move HDD SATA cable to another usable port (consult mobo manual for usable port)

Apparently switching my SSD and HDD sata to other ports actually worked. There was something on the internet about them being different. (optical ones and stuff, don't know a thing)

I guess your solution would've worked had I read it earlier! Thanks for the help guys.

Apparently switching my SSD and HDD sata to other ports actually worked. There was something on the internet about them being different. (optical ones and stuff, don't know a thing)

I guess your solution would've worked had I read it earlier! Thanks for the help guys.

right on! congratulations!