Multiboot with Hackintosh?

Hi

My desktop is currently running Windows 7 Ultimate on an SSD, it's a 120gb SSD made by kingston, what i want to do with it is basically try to get a multiboot set up, with Windows 8, Windows 7 (the os i currently have), Ubuntu and OSX Mavericks... Would this be possible? If yes then how would be the most effective way of doing this?

So I can put anything here?

Yeah please post you specs

Spoiler

CPU: 3570k @ 4.8Ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-UD5H GPU: GTX 1060 PSU: BeQuiet PP 630W OS: Mac OSX & W10 Ram: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 16gb 1600mhz Storage: 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB; 1x Samsung 850 evo 250GB  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Audio: Fiio E10 & Sennheiser HD558 Display: Eizo FS2333

Yeah please post you specs

It's possible, but you probably won't have enough space on that 120GB SSD for it to be enjoyable.

Yeah, let's see some specs for the final verdict. 

Yes. What's your hardware?

Here you go :)

CPU: Intel i7 4770k

Motherboard: Asus z87-pro

GPU: EVGA GTX 770

PSU: Corsair GS 800W

RAM: Corsair LP 1600mhz

Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD + 2tb Seagate drive

Here you go :)

CPU: Intel i7 4770k

Motherboard: Asus z87-pro

GPU: EVGA GTX 770

PSU: Corsair GS 800W

RAM: Corsair LP 1600mhz

Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD + 2tb Seagate drive

Yes that should work. But as said before 120gb might be too small

\

Dual booting or even multibooting with OS X is a little more trickier than booting with just OS X on it's own drive. I probably would suggest that you have another drive just for OS X, and the rest on the other drive. 120 GB is a tad too small for all 4 OS anyway

You may have a hard time with OS X since you are using an ASUS board. Gigabyte boards work the best with OS X.  Also, what many others are saying, you probably wont have a lot of space afterwards with 4 OS's installed. I am not sure why you want Win 8 and 7 but I would just pick 1 since Windows installs are quite large. Other than that, yes it is possible.

You may have a hard time with OS X since you are using an ASUS board. Gigabyte boards work the best with OS X. Also, what many others are saying, you probably wont have a lot of space afterwards with 4 OS's installed. I am not sure why you want Win 8 and 7 but I would just pick 1 since Windows installs are quite large. Other than that, yes it is possible.

Okay, I'll only use one Windows OS, wich one? I've used both about for about 6 months, wich one is better/faster? Another question, if i have my 2tb storage as a storage for all OSs will i be able to play for example minecraft on the ubuntu? Or maybe something like portal 2 on OSX because they have linux and OSX support, or do i have to download the seperate file for that OS?

Okay, I'll only use one Windows OS, wich one? I've used both about for about 6 months, wich one is better/faster? Another question, if i have my 2tb storage as a storage for all OSs will i be able to play for example minecraft on the ubuntu? Or maybe something like portal 2 on OSX because they have linux and OSX support, or do i have to download the seperate file for that OS?

Either one would be fine, the only difference between the two would be the metro apps and some minor desktop changes. Just pick one that you think looks better.  As for your games, you will need to download each game for the corresponding OS, so if you wanted to play portal 2 on both windows and ubuntu, you would need to download it 2 times.

Either one would be fine, the only difference between the two would be the metro apps and some minor desktop changes. Just pick one that you think looks better.  As for your games, you will need to download each game for the corresponding OS, so if you wanted to play portal 2 on both windows and ubuntu, you would need to download it 2 times.

Im going with W7 i like it more... In that case shouldn't i just get 2 more Harddrives, so i have a 2tb one for W7, and a 500gb for mac and a 500gb for ubuntu?

Im going with W7 i like it more... In that case shouldn't i just get 2 more Harddrives, so i have a 2tb one for W7, and a 500gb for mac and a 500gb for ubuntu?

You could, or you can partition your current drive up into 3 different partitions and just use that. Really depends on how much games you plan on downloading, b/c most programs are under 50mb with the exception of Adobe, Office, Sony etc.

You could, or you can partition your current drive up into 3 different partitions and just use that. Really depends on how much games you plan on downloading, b/c most programs are under 50mb with the exception of Adobe, Office, Sony etc.

Well, how would i actually do that, for example, if i download something on Ubuntu how do i make sure that it wont end up on the windows partion?? And If the 2tb would get filled up would i have to get another drive and just do a partition on that one too or would i have to do something more

I wouldn't do it. 

Windows 7 and 8 take 30GB each for a fresh install. Add programs and you can easily push 40-50GB each. I'm sitting on 51GB on Windows 7, but only after diverting a large number of programs to my 1TB HDD. 

Ubuntu can take as little as 4-5GB for a fresh install, so you can run an Ubuntu installation on 20GB. Depending on the distribution, a 20GB drive is enough for both a / and /home partition. On Arch linux, I'm using about 10/20GB in my / partition (I haven't customized it fully, but it has everything I need installed), and 1/89GB on my /home - I don't need the large /home tbh, but might as well. 

OS X probably doesn't take as much as Windows. I'd imagine a fresh install being around 15-20GB or less. 

The better option is to not multi-boot: use VMs instead. Ubuntu and OS X will run really well on a VM (the disk images can be stored on the 2TB drive). Windows 8 should also run fairly well in a VM. If you have enough RAM, you can run all 3 VMs at the same time along with the host OS. Saves having to reboot frequently. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2