AMD freesync but the card is Nvidia

frozensun

Hello guys.

I'm planing to purchase AMD freesync monitor but I have NVidia 1660 Ti card.

So any issues with it,not compatible with the card or something?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Shouldnt be any compatibility issues, but unless the monitor is on NVidias freesync approved monitors, you will have to deal with normal vsync

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Hello guys.

I'm planing to purchase AMD freesync monitor but I have NVidia 1660 Ti card.

It is compatible and it will work just fine, you might just miss out on the sync of frames that is all.

You can force it via the nvidia drivers, but if your monitor is not 'g sync compatible' it may not work.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

5 minutes ago, Thedemonspawn56 said:

but unless the monitor is on NVidias freesync approved monitors, you will have to deal with normal vsync

no.

all adaptive sync monitors using Displayport work more or less just fine without the certification badge that Nvidia offers. 

6 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

You can force it via the nvidia drivers

"force" is an odd word to describe a settings change in the controlpanel you may not have to enable at all. 

7 minutes ago, Caennanu said:

but if your monitor is not 'g sync compatible' it may not work.

unless you buy the cheapest freesync monitors, its unlikely you will run into any issues

11 minutes ago, frozensun said:

you are unlikely to have any issues. if you want to utilize freesync you need to use a DP cable and maybe have to change a setting in the controlpanel. 

ok guys thanks...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.