Buzzing in headphones under heavy GPU load

argroth

Hey, So I found that under heavy GPU load i can hear buzzing sound in my right headphone. It's not constant.

What I've tried so far:

1. Disconnecting everything from the PC except for the headphones - same result.

2. Rear panel or front panel - no difference.

3. I've tried different wall outlets and taking my PSU out of the case. Even took my PC to a friend of mine to test it. It's the same.

4. 3 pair of headphones - the same.

It's totally GPU related, when i start any CPU stress test like OCCT or Prime95 there is no problem but 2 seconds in any GPU stress test like Valley or Heaven it's buzzing again.

I bought that mini jack ground isolator. It's not buzzing with this but the sound is much worse.

I bought DAC (sennheiser gsx 1200 pro). The buzzing while playing is gone, but this converter is buzzing on it's own all the time so I'm gonna return it back.

I'm mad because I've spent a lot of money in this pc and there is still something wrong. What might be the best solution? Internal sound card? Wireless headset? USB headset? My Mobo has this "DAC-UP" USBs maybe USB headset connected to USB?

My rig:
Intel Core i7-9700k
MSI RTX 2080 super gaming x trio
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 master
Corsair RMx 750W
G.Skill Ripjaws V - 16GB (2x8), 3200MHz
SilentiumPC Armis AR7X TG RGB
HyperX Cloud II

8 minutes ago, argroth said:

Hey, So I found that under heavy GPU load i can hear buzzing sound in my right headphone. It's not constant.

What I've tried so far:

1. Disconnecting everything from the PC except for the headphones - same result.

3. I've tried different wall outlets and taking my PSU out of the case. Even took my PC to a friend of mine to test it. It's the same.

It's totally GPU related, when i start any CPU stress test like OCCT or Prime95 there is no problem but 2 seconds in any GPU stress test like Valley or Heaven it's buzzing again.

I bought that mini jack ground isolator. It's not buzzing with this but the sound is much worse.

I bought DAC (sennheiser gsx 1200 pro). The buzzing while playing is gone, but this converter is buzzing on it's own all the time so I'm gonna return it back.

I'm mad because I've spent a lot of money in this pc and there is still something wrong. What might be the best solution? Internal sound card? Wireless headset? USB headset? My Mobo has this "DAC-UP" USBs maybe USB headset connected to USB?

My rig:
Intel Core i7-9700k
Corsair RMx 750W
HyperX Cloud II

PSU can also be the cause.

34 minutes ago, argroth said:

What I've tried so far:

My rig:
Intel Core i7-9700k
Corsair RMx 750W
HyperX Cloud II

I had the same issue with 1 of my pics but it all started when I swapped motherboards so if I were you I'd try installing a sound card and if the problem persists throw your GPU into another system and see if it continues. Also if you plan to go USB headset I highly recommend the steel series arctis 7.

28 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

PSU can also be the cause.

I Have another PSU - 550W, can try it tomorrow if it's working or not. Don't know if it can handle my rig.

3 minutes ago, Kingkems said:

I had the same issue with 1 of my pics but it all started when I swapped motherboards so if I were you I'd try installing a sound card and if the problem persists throw your GPU into another system and see if it continues. Also if you plan to go USB headset I highly recommend the steel series arctis 7.

I have no internal sound card, I'd have to buy one. 

I was thinking about Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. 

1 minute ago, argroth said:

I have no internal sound card, I'd have to buy one. 

I was thinking about Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. 

Yeah I like they're headphones. I got the arctis 7 and they sound great they also support 7.1 surround sound out of the box.

With the Cloud II's are you using the included USB dongle or using just the 3.5?

5 hours ago, Squanchy said:

With the Cloud II's are you using the included USB dongle or using just the 3.5?

3.5, USB dongle gone away 2 years ago

22 hours ago, argroth said:

3.5, USB dongle gone away 2 years ago

Well that's your problem. 3.5(analog) will pick up static, which is why it is almost always better to go USB in this type of situation, when you go USB you don't use analog.. you go to digital. Which is what a DAC does (Digital analog converter) As you tested before when you got a dac and it went away, you don't need to go all out on a dac if its just for your cloud II's. Something cheap like THIS will work.

1 hour ago, Squanchy said:

Well that's your problem. 3.5(analog) will pick up static, which is why it is almost always better to go USB in this type of situation, when you go USB you don't use analog.. you go to digital. Which is what a DAC does (Digital analog converter) As you tested before when you got a dac and it went away, you don't need to go all out on a dac if its just for your cloud II's. Something cheap like THIS will work.

Ye, but I bought this Sennheiser GSX Pro 1200 it was awesome but i could hear that squite "line noise". 

What I want is that my headphones stays completely quiet when I'm working.

9 minutes ago, argroth said:

Ye, but I bought this Sennheiser GSX Pro 1200 it was awesome but i could hear that squite "line noise". 

What I want is that my headphones stays completely quiet when I'm working.

Try a different DAC.

A $10 USB DAC fixed that problem for me while providing better sound quality compare to my onboard audio. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I use a Soundblaster audio interface and it solves my interference problems.