First Build

Mdmit87

Okay so here goes, I built this after my MSI GT780R notebook died in December hence the $1300 budget.

I was looking for a good all around PC i don't just game on it until this build all i ever played was Skyrim and EVE.

Here is what I came up with

Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 Black inside and  USB 3.0

Mobo: Asus M5A99FX Pro 2.0

CPU: AMD 8320 @ 4.4 Ghz <-- couldn't get anymore out of it.

Ram: 16 Gb 1600mhz G.Skill Ripjawz 

SSD: samsung 840 evo 120gb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb

Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 240m 

Graphics: Gigabyte R9 270x 4Gb OC

Psu: Cooler Master GX650

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Here is my current build, I plan on upgrading when i can to include 2x R9 280x's or 290x's and a ROG mobo and a Custom loop i'm not happy with my Seidon 240m temps

would also like to note i only game in 1080p for now

Gratz on that overclock. Hoping that I can do the same soon. That's almost a 1Ghz oc wow.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

beep

no offence but because this is your first build please dont go charging in trying to do a million things and making a custom loop allot of things can go wrong from a lack of experience so please im begging you here dont make a loop till you have some more experience   

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

get a 2gb 270 instead since you are planning to upgrade anyway. 

Edit: $1300 USD? That is enough for a 780 and an i5

no offence but because this is your first build please dont go charging in trying to do a million things and making a custom loop allot of things can go wrong from a lack of experience so please im begging you here dont make a loop till you have some more experience

Please read carefully, he has already built his first pc, this is an upgrade build log (I'm guessing).

And it's actually a pretty nice all purpose build.

THE signature

get a 2gb 270 instead since you are planning to upgrade anyway. 

Edit: $1300 USD? That is enough for a 780 and an i5

to late i built this last month and ya i wish i would have but i wan't planning on the upgrade then

Overkill ram, cpu cooler, cpu! Underkill GPU! 

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

Please read carefully, he has already built his first pc, this is an upgrade build log (I'm guessing).

i know but he wants to build a custom loop in future and this is his first pc he has build, now he didnt give a time scale so i dont know when he wants to make it but because its his first build i just dont recommend making a loop till he has more experience  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

This is My first build i'm just a little late getting it posted on here, I was more or less looking for imput on what you all think of the build I checked Linus's build guides to get an idea of what i wanted to do.

Overkill ram, cpu cooler, cpu! Underkill GPU! 

I agree there i should have gotten a 280x when i had the chance and atleast i didn't get the 2133mhz ram i was looking at

I should also add i'm going to take part in helping my friend with his custom loop before I do my own so i'll know what to do and what not to do

This is My first build i'm just a little late getting it posted on here, I was more or less looking for imput on what you all think of the build I checked Linus's build guides to get an idea of what i wanted to do.

Ok, I understand. But maybe this topic is more suited for the New Build and Planning section.

As for my honest opinion:

I don't think it's worth to do a custom loop with a 8320 (if you are planning to do that).

Upgrade everything you can before making a custom loop.

And like other people said the 270x is slightly underpowered in this build, since you don't game that much that shouldn't really matter.

So my recommendation:

Upgrade to i7 and high end GPU before waterdcooling.

Feel free to disagree and good luck :)

THE signature

I agree there i should have gotten a 280x when i had the chance and atleast i didn't get the 2133mhz ram i was looking at

Hey everyone has a learning curve, for your first build thats pretty solid :D

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Before I go with a custom loop i'm going to change mobo and Graphics card i should have stated that when i built this i wasn't gaming on pc much but as i was not impressed with either the Xbox one or the Ps4 I decided I'm done with buying consoles and i play BF4 on my PC @ 50 fps on ultra @ 1080 no i do get a few time it dips to 30 fps for a few seconds also this is with the Mantle beta

Ok, I understand. But maybe this topic is more suited for the New Build and Planning section.

As for my honest opinion:

I don't think it's worth to do a custom loop with a 8320 (if you are planning to do that).

Upgrade everything you can before making a custom loop.

And like other people said the 270x is slightly underpowered in this build, since you don't game that much that shouldn't really matter.

So my recommendation:

Upgrade to i7 and high end GPU before waterdcooling.

Feel free to disagree and good luck :)

I already have it assembled i just wanted it checked out to see what mistakes i may have made and what you all think since I pretty much had no real idea which parts to pick Thank's to Linus's videos it sounds like i may not have messed up that badly and ya i was looking into a custom loop with the 8320 thank you for the imput but what amd cpu would you say was worth it since i wanted this to be an AMD build since i've never used an amd cpu i thought i'd give them a try and so far i'm happy with it

I already have it assembled i just wanted it checked out to see what mistakes i may have made and what you all think since I pretty much had no real idea which parts to pick Thank's to Linus's videos it sounds like i may not have messed up that badly and ya i was looking into a custom loop with the 8320 thank you for the imput but what amd cpu would you say was worth it since i wanted this to be an AMD build since i've never used an amd cpu i thought i'd give them a try and so far i'm happy with it

Hmm, if you really want a custom loop with AMD, go ahead. I also had no complaints about my FX-8350, until I wanted to go small formfactor --> no good motherboards. So I sidegraded to the i5 4670k.

But the reality is, the i7 will simply perform better (in most applications), that's why I'd upgrade to i7. You could check out the FX-9590, but they're quite overpriced.

THE signature

I'm looking to liquid cool mainly because i'm going to overclock my 8320 higher. I have it at 4.35 GHz right now and when I'm doing a stability test with prime95 temps get into the low 50s